Bluebell shoot

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
On Monday I offered to take my sister and her family for a "Spring" photobsoot in a woods, well known for its bluebell coverage near to where we grew up.

We were only out for an hour or so, as we were contending with a grizzly young lad, and some very ominous rain clouds looming overhead!

C&C welcomed, as this is only my second attempt at this type of shoot, and I'd like to improve confidence in this area and shoot more!

All shot with my Nikon D750 and Tamron 70-200mm - naturally lit (although I was prepared with an OCF setup). It was generally quite an overcast day, with sunny breakthroughs, but made for nice shooting conditions.

Thanks,
Grant

f4.5, 200mm, 1/400s, ISO 400

2.]
f4.0, 200mm, 1/400s, ISO 500

f3.5, 200mm, 1/400s, ISO 400

f5.0, 200mm, 1/540s, ISO 500

f3.5, 135mm, 1/400s, ISO 400

Last edited:
Nice set I love No2, cracking shot

Les

Yes, two is irresistible! (y)

What happened to the irregular
skin tones from a pic to the other?

Last edited:
Like these too. Well done. The exspression in 3 is fab.

Gaz

are you saying

• #2 is warmer than #1
  • #2 the blue jeans are green
  • #1 & 3 have similar values
  • 5, 6, 7 are greenish
  • 5, the man's face is somewhat pasty
  • 1, 3, are more similar w. correct WB
If you did set Auto WB on your Nikon, then
it should be regular values everywhere… un-
less you tweaked the WB in PP for some of
them.

Really, #2 is irresistible! :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying, and feedback.

Auto WB in camera, but values were tweaked slightly as part of the raw edit in Lightroom.

I'll take another look at these tomorrow, as I can see some inconcistency in the toning... I'm usually a bit more attentive in this area, when producing a set. Clearly not on this occassion though!

Disagree that the blue jeans look green in no.2 though.

Thanks,
Grant

Nice set of a lovely photogenic family group.

At a tangent ~ bluebell woods are fragile environments and as such every one of them(?) limit access to the set paths only. Most of your shots appear to show the family in amongst them a presumably you were too? So did you stick to the paths and take care to avoid 'cutting a fresh path' to those positions?

Sorry if I sound like a killjoy but bluebell woods can only stay beautiful and worthy of visiting if allowed to stay "safe".

Back