Bluebells Panorama

Name
Ned
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's my attempt at Bluebells this year, it's a location that is just three miles up the road yet I have only just discovered. Perhaps the most beautiful place I've been in years, birds everywhere with Green Woodpeckers flirting above and massive bumble bees in the bluebells, I spent more time taking in the atmosphere than I did taking photos.

Bluebells (edit 2) by Ned Awty, on Flickr

It's a LR stitch of 5 handheld portrait shots, basic editing done in LR and some 'atmosphere' added in Analog Efex2, which I'm starting to like once you find a way through the instagram/lomo effects (full size and non-analog version also on Flickr but I prefer this one I think - opinions welcome :)).

I have to say Ned, I prefer the more natural version on flicker.
It just looks brighter....More "jolly", as I think bluebell woods should :)

Had a look at the bluebell series your flickr feed - there are some nice shots in there, but you need to control the highlights a little more carefully, or they bleach colour too much. There's a fine line between sparkle and loss of saturation - not exactly blowing, but turning very pale.

For this particular shot I'm not completely convinced about the black border, and the trees *seem* to be leaning right regardless of the couple at the edges that have been straightened up. It looks VERY much better larger too, because all the fine details that make it interesting are lost at the scale presented here.

Thanks folks, will have another play.

Time for an admission too, I have absolutely no idea how but for some reason the camera was set to JPG and I didn't notice so highlight recovery wasn't really possible. Highly annoying, but still PROBABLY only a distraction for the photographers out there. But yes, well spotted :)

Back