Blurb Question

Name
Jenny
Edit My Images
Yes
I am planning to make a photobook with the photos from my 52 this year. I plan to use Blurb and have been experimenting with layouts. However, I have found that my images don't fit most of the standard templates that they supply.

Most of my photos are in a 6 x 4 format which is the size ratio that they come out of the camera (40D) but there are hardly any Blurb templates that take that shape of image. I know I can make my own templates but since this is the first time, I prefer to use what they supply.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what did you do?

Many thanks,

Jenny

You only have to make one template and then save it, and you can call it up whenever you need to insert that size image again.

You only have to make one template and then save it, and you can call it up whenever you need to insert that size image again.

Thanks for this. The problem is that there will be varying numbers of photos (1 to 4) per page, so that means up to 4 templates for the left and the right hand pages.

I don't quite understand why they don't cater for 6 x 4 photos. It surely is not an uncommon format?

Jenny

Bump.

Has no-one else had problems fitting their images into the Blurb templates?

Jenny

Yes, I did. I made my own templates - though I only wanted a very simple layout with a black background 2 text boxes and 2 picture boxes per page, so it was pretty easy.

In the end I needed to do 4 template pages - one each for landscape and portrait main frame, for left and right hand pages.... a bit like this...

Working on the Photobook by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Thanks, TBY. I really needed to know whether I was missing something obvious. It would seem not and I will have to build my own. There will have to be quite a few though, to cater for left and right, landscape and portrait and 1 to 4 images per page.

Jenny

Back