Blurring the train.

I works for me (it has a lovely surreal quality) - but then, even my nearest & dearest would describe me as eccentric, so I am drawn to photos that are a little off the wall.

I like it but feel possibly a tighter crop at the top to loose some of the sky might work better.

I like it but feel possibly a tighter crop at the top to loose some of the sky might work better.

Thanks Ian-83 I did think about cropping some off the right hand side but didn't want to cut the bridge. Tbh this is not something I normally do as trains have never been my thing, so I really wasn't sure how this pic was meant to look. I enjoyed trying to get the shot but am in 2 minds, not sure if I like it or not[emoji23]

I think it's great. One point though, is the train going right to left? If so I think it may look a little better if the train was going left to right as the front of the train wouldn't appear 'ghosted' but you still get the lovely blur.

I think it's great. One point though, is the train going right to left? If so I think it may look a little better if the train was going left to right as the front of the train wouldn't appear 'ghosted' but you still get the lovely blur.
Hi Gremlin16 thanks for the comments, this pic does in fact show the train running from left to right, I took another with it running right to left and I used a slower shutter speed, not so good I think. This one
DSC_0839 by Chris Edgell, on Flickr

Back