BMW 320D

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Very late notice for this quick run out the other night but first car shoot since getting a camera again. Enjoyed it, but feel my composition and angles need a bit of work... not to mention some more creativity wouldn't go a miss... open to critique (y)

16163875968_9dfe9686ff_b.jpg

16325521376_a7727ee793_b.jpg
v

16351476685_44c844e60b_b.jpg

16163879178_7a80c71e41_b.jpg

16349731471_91372d02b6_b.jpg

16351475455_64f3c5abb2_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

:banana:

Hi,

Have to say the 4th photo has to be my favourite. Love the monochrome effect and the fine detail and texture of the road.

May i ask what equipment and setup you used and also the lighting conditions at the time you took the picture. Reason i ask is i tried something similar with mine and it was pretty dark when i took it and it was my first ever try at any sort of photography. Needless to say, i'm still pretty much of a rookie.

View attachment 29946

Hi kraftyskillz, all the photos shot with a Canon 5D III and either 17-40, 24-70 or 70-200. It was around 11pm so still fairly dark. Some of them lit by street lights, some with a bit of flash but I'm still very much a rookie at shooting cars myself to be honest.

That's a lovely motor in the shot above, looks like the colour is a little off, the background is a little distracting but has potential. Someone with a lot more knowledge may be along to correct me here but I like to get more of the side of the car when trying that type of shot. If going wide angle I like to try and get as close as possible. It's all trial and error really but practice makes perfect I hear! :)

I agree. There's way too much shadow and i had a bit of streetlight lighting the visible side of the car. I have no flash equipment otherwise i might have tried illuminating it a bit more. It was quite cold as well and i just couldnt wait to get it over on done with. I wasnt even planning on taking pics of the car but the opportunity presented itself and i went for it. Will most definitely try it out again as i took this within a few weeks of getting my camera.

Appreciate the analysis.

I agree. There's way too much shadow and i had a bit of streetlight lighting the visible side of the car. I have no flash equipment otherwise i might have tried illuminating it a bit more. It was quite cold as well and i just couldnt wait to get it over on done with. I wasnt even planning on taking pics of the car but the opportunity presented itself and i went for it. Will most definitely try it out again as i took this within a few weeks of getting my camera.

Appreciate the analysis.

I would use highlight shadow in photoshop if you ahve it.. that would make the pic look miles better... you ahve photo edit turned off or i would ahve shown you :)

I would use highlight shadow in photoshop if you ahve it.. that would make the pic look miles better... you ahve photo edit turned off or i would ahve shown you :)

Not sure exactly if its now open to edit. This is a different one as i want to see how it works with the interior lights on. Let me know if it works for you.

Nice set, only one thing though. Personally I'd like to see the car pop a bit more in the last picture, perhaps just a short blast down the side with a strip light or low powered flash. Also a bit less of the road in #4. Either way I like them all (y)

I have a soft spot for BMW's, I own two. An e91 330D that's had a visit to the nice guys at Turbo Technics and an E34 M5 that I'm currently restoring, aiming for stupid amounts of power with that one as well. :naughty:

Hi,

Have to say the 4th photo has to be my favourite. Love the monochrome effect and the fine detail and texture of the road.

May i ask what equipment and setup you used and also the lighting conditions at the time you took the picture. Reason i ask is i tried something similar with mine and it was pretty dark when i took it and it was my first ever try at any sort of photography. Needless to say, i'm still pretty much of a rookie.

View attachment 29946

Nice "bimmer":rolleyes: Next time try adding some light to the car, a bit of flash, torch etc and just have a good play around.

Last edited:
Sorry only just seen this re the file..what i meant was. in your profile under your avatar it says editing your pics not allowed.. most of us have it as yes so others can show how to do things:)

Back