BMW E46 M3 - Rig Shots

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Great shots. I've always wanted to do this with my Evo. How easy is it for an amateur to post-process the rig out?

Really interested in more info on these, and how you go about taking them. I looked at your flickr but theres no camera data!

Lovely shots.

I had a car rig, bur found it really time consuming to make it worth my time :(

Love your rig shots SDUK! Good to see you here as well :)

thanks mate, where else do you see them? in the Facebook rig group?

Can i ask where you got the rig from?

Hi Adam, it's from a company called CarbonRig (www.facebook.com/carbonrig) they are doing a product relaunch and are not currently selling the rigs just now. I am doing some testing for them and will be promoting their rigs once they go full sale on them. Watch this space :)

Great shots. I've always wanted to do this with my Evo. How easy is it for an amateur to post-process the rig out?

thanks mate, kinda hard for me to answer, really does depend on your skill level, I am just self taught but have been doing stuff like this on photoshop for years. Its just basically cloning, patching and layer masking to cover it up. Zoom in close and then work away. Some are simple, other's take forever!

If you go on my flickr account there are loads of rig shots with the rig showing before removal. Feel free to save them and have a go. Give me a shout if you need a hand :)

Really interested in more info on these, and how you go about taking them. I looked at your flickr but theres no camera data!

Lovely shots.

thanks Neil, the shot is a 30 second long exposure with the car being pushed as slowly as possible. A second exposure is then taken with the owner in the driver's seat pretending to drive.

You should check out our rig thread...

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/the-ultimate-car-rig-photography-thread.423609/

it's a bit of a mega read but shows how I started and there is loads of info in there.

Impressive cloning I tried my best to see any blemishes and can't tell which means it's bang on! Interested to hear your technique if you don't mind sharing as in Clone / Heal? LR / PS?

thanks! I appreciate that, these were reasonably simple due to the angle and lack of reflections. Some rig placements make it a lot easier than others.

I shoot in RAW and then edit in photoshop and remove the rig in photoshop also. I use a mixture of clone, heal, patch and content aware fill. Sometimes if it's a nightmare of a job I steal a body panel from another shot without the rig and then blend it in haha. Giving all my secrets away!

thanks! I appreciate that, these were reasonably simple due to the angle and lack of reflections. Some rig placements make it a lot easier than others.

I shoot in RAW and then edit in photoshop and remove the rig in photoshop also. I use a mixture of clone, heal, patch and content aware fill. Sometimes if it's a nightmare of a job I steal a body panel from another shot without the rig and then blend it in haha. Giving all my secrets away!

Must give it a go, thanks! (y)

Hi Adam, it's from a company called CarbonRig (www.facebook.com/carbonrig) they are doing a product relaunch and are not currently selling the rigs just now. I am doing some testing for them and will be promoting their rigs once they go full sale on them. Watch this space :)

Just out of interest, what's the difference between their Car Camera Rigs and the Carbonrig? Been tempted by one for a long time and the price of the Carbonrig makes it pretty attractive!

Brilliant shots! Hoping to get one as a weekend car whilst these are still about in semi-decent condition :)

Pretty much what i thought then sduk. No shortcuts and a lot of time invested in learning photoshop techniques and trying them out! Thanks

I admire people that can use Potatoshop properly to take out things like those booms (??). Great images.

I really like these shots, especially the 3rd and the last one. And the background compliments them really well.

Back