Boarhills Church Blooms

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been quite lucky with my sunrises lately but I could have done with the Sun Gods shining on me one more time this morning.

I saw a lovely image of Boarhills Church ( well done Lynn Wishart) with sunflowers in the field adjacent and presumed it was from earlier in the year or photoshopped. To my surprise a quick Google led to another truncated night's sleep and ultimately a frustrating morning.

I left the house at around 5.15am allowing me to take a look at potential shots and then head somewhere for sunrise. All looked promising on the Church front albeit there wasn't a break to seen in the clouds and my trusted apps prediction of 0% low cloud had let me down.

Off to Crail for a sunrise and there were a few boats readying to leave with bright lights and some scaffold on the pier. That will be a no then. Kingsbarnes next and there was a bit of muted colour but it was running along the shore and not out to sea so I decided to head back to the church.

I shot the lovely scene for around an hour frustrated by the breeze and lack of light. Tricky depth of field too when there isn't much light and the breeze restricts shutter speeds.

Hopefully, I'll get another chance or the farmer/owner decides flowers are better than crops next year too.

Boarhills Church by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

I tried adding a wee bit of my own light since the Sun God failed to show...
Yeah, it's marvellous to see such a crop of sunflowers and similar Southern exotica this far North, particularly in October :thinking::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yeah, it's marvellous to see such a crop of sunflowers and similar Southern exotica this far North, particularly in October :thinking::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I'm not sure when sunflowers season is this far north but I thought they would have been long gone. The purple crop was in the fields around 3 months ago further south so no idea what was going on in that field. The East Neuk isn't renowned as a tropical paradise and I was amazed when I saw the shot on Facebook and then spotted another few on the web and BBC news.

Very nice set of images Sir, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Back