Boats - an open thread

Yep! I'm up for that @garryknight, and here's my first contribution.

Just a simple Snapograph taken at Faversham Kent UK of the Bow of an old Barge that is now used for living in.
I've deliberately gone for a slightly higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasise the rust & decay etc.

X-H1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/400th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Old Barge Bow (M)-03464M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Last edited:
All tied up.

i-s39FxQH.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another slant on the very same boat that @gramps posted.

Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of one of the many discarded boats amongst many other things scattered about the beach that have just been discarded and left behind.
In the lower right of the snap you can see one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

RX10M4, 1/450th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Tripod.
Discarded Boat (3)-03459ip by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Last edited:
Exmouth, view of the Exe Estuary with boats moored up

Exmouth again, three boats of the River Exe

Wimbleball Lake

Boat off to sea out of a village in Lofoten...which I can't remember what it is called!

That last pic looks stunning, I've always wanted to go to lofoten.

I'm pleased that this is turning into a popular thread! Here's a couple more from me. The first shows some Thames sailing barges moored up at Hermitage Moorings, a little way down the Thames from St Katherine Docks. Processed for atmosphere.

Tall Masts at Hermitage Moorings
by Garry Knight, on Flickr

And the second shows a couple of fishing boats at Leigh-on-Sea. This one shows the rich colours brought out by the sunset hour.

Fishing Boats at Leigh-on-Sea
by Garry Knight, on Flickr

This thread is making me realise how much I miss the sea. The first 40 years I would rarely go for a few months without being on a boat, or around boats, or just by the seaside.

Then I got married.

Back