weekly BobBCN I will be back soon for next year's 52 ......

Great sunset photo, nicely layered mountains in the background!

That a WOW shot to kick off your year!

Very nice, lovely sky in that one, great start :)

Cracking start Bob, like the layers and colours as others have said .

What a beautiful sky and a good start to your year!
Great sunset photo, nicely layered mountains in the background!
You're off to a great start with this one, Bob. The colours in the sky and the layered effect are wonderful, and it's spot on for silhouette too.
Cracking start to your 52 Bob and also technique too, great lighting and colours.
Liking the sunset colours.
Liking the different levels of silhouette giving depth/layers to the background.
Nice start :)
That a WOW shot to kick off your year!
Great shot, love the colours and the depth to the photo
Very nice, lovely sky in that one, great start :)
Cracking start Bob, like the layers and colours as others have said .
Welcome back, Bob. An excellent start to your 2020 challenge. I would crop out a bit off the bottom.

Thank you all for the comments!! I was happy with that shot. Tried a different crop on Stan's @rpn suggestion.

WEEK.1b by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

great image I too like the layers of silhouettes.

(y)

I think its a stronger image. What do others think?
I think it has the edge (y)
Great sky Bob, lovely colours, were in the world is that?
What a superb image Bob!:clap:
Stan's suggested crop has indeed improved what was already an outstanding image.
Beautiful colours and great depth too....foreground to background layers are tremendous!
Great work Bob!(y)
great image I too like the layers of silhouettes.
Local interest
Good looking sunset

Thanks everyone. I also like the second one better.
@CliveH - it's about 40 miles out of BCN heading northwest. There's a monastery and whatnot. Cool place but usually full of tourists, climbers and pilgrims

That's a great shot - but I do agree that the edit improves the composition. Either way it is a great start :)

Great shot, the suggested edit takes it to a new level. Personally I also see potential for an artist type image with just defined shapes by removing all the detail. On affinity photo this type of edit is achieved using a dust & scratches filter.

That's an excellent picture, great lighting and atmosphere.

Really liking this Bob great colours and plenty of silhouettes too. Love the sky.

Excellent shot. The layering of the shadows gives it a lovely depth.

That's a great shot - but I do agree that the edit improves the composition. Either way it is a great start :)
Great shot, the suggested edit takes it to a new level. Personally I also see potential for an artist type image with just defined shapes by removing all the detail. On affinity photo this type of edit is achieved using a dust & scratches filter.
That's an excellent picture, great lighting and atmosphere.
Really liking this Bob great colours and plenty of silhouettes too. Love the sky.
Excellent shot. The layering of the shadows gives it a lovely depth.
Beautiful shot to start Bob. I love the colours and recession. Great stuff (y)

Thanks guys n gals. Agreed - the edit is a vast improvement!!

Loving both images for Pleasure Bob I know what pleasure owning a classic can bring (and also the pain!) I also know how much pleasure seeing them brings others

A friend of mine used to own one of those, I'm not convinced that riding in it was particularly pleasurable though :D

The processing suits the era (y)

I like the dutch angle on #2 and the inclusion of the buildings.
it has a 1960s London vibe to it, with the concrete flats. You almost expect Twiggy to come flouncing out from somewhere along there.

This doesn't do it for me I'm afraid - sorry... The processing would suit a photo typical of a plate camera subject - 1860s rather than 1960s and I would associate the latter with a more colour shifted / grainy / muted aesthetic than the distressed plate (something this from Wikipedia).

That said - having watched my dad fight (and loose to more frequently than not...) a sucession of classic cars, I definitely get the pleasure aspect of the shot! The angle on the second definitely works for me!

No 2 for me Bob I like the Dutch Tilt, do like the processing spot on for the images.

Liking both of these images Bob, and love the editing too plus my choice is #2 for the different angle.

Cheers Dave.

Loving both images for Pleasure Bob I know what pleasure owning a classic can bring (and also the pain!) I also know how much pleasure seeing them brings others

I couldn't agree more!!

A friend of mine used to own one of those, I'm not convinced that riding in it was particularly pleasurable though :D

The processing suits the era (y)

I kinda thought so too.

I like the dutch angle on #2 and the inclusion of the buildings.
it has a 1960s London vibe to it, with the concrete flats. You almost expect Twiggy to come flouncing out from somewhere along there.

Thanks!!

This doesn't do it for me I'm afraid - sorry... The processing would suit a photo typical of a plate camera subject - 1860s rather than 1960s and I would associate the latter with a more colour shifted / grainy / muted aesthetic than the distressed plate (something this from Wikipedia).

That said - having watched my dad fight (and loose to more frequently than not...) a sucession of classic cars, I definitely get the pleasure aspect of the shot! The angle on the second definitely works for me!

Thanks. Comments appreciated!

No 2 for me, my dad had a few of these and the van version that were ex GPO.

Cheers Clive

No 2 for me Bob I like the Dutch Tilt, do like the processing spot on for the images.

Thank you!

Hi Bob, loved your second image of the car. The different angle and view gives the image a dynamism.

Cheers Dave.

Both good but I prefer the jaunty angle too.

Thanks Helen!

Back