weekly BobBCN I will be back soon for next year's 52 ......

Great images Bob!
I don't normally like fancy borders/frames, but yours really suits the image in my opinion - fits the vintage feel perfectly - nicely done.
I too really like the dutch angle of #2...really has a sixties vibe.
Excellent work Bob!:clap:

Great photo and great processing!

The processing really suits them I like both
Great images Bob!
I don't normally like fancy borders/frames, but yours really suits the image in my opinion - fits the vintage feel perfectly - nicely done.
I too really like the dutch angle of #2...really has a sixties vibe.
Excellent work Bob!:clap:
Great photo and great processing!

Thanking you for the comments. Appreciated.

WEEK 3 - TOOLS of the TRADE

Pens, pencils etc are the tools of my trade, as are some of my students, but that's just me being unfair!!!

Anyways, a quick phone grab, as students would probably notice if I started messing around with my camera.

WEEK.3 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Works for me Bob nicely out of focus BG but still enough detail to give a feeling on context.

Also works for me Bob, for exactly the same reasons as Mark.
A nice simple idea, sharp foreground with a nice use of DoF.
And as I assume that was taken during the working day, you also got paid for it :D

Nice image and I like the location. Is the top of the pen out of focus our is out just me?

Like what they said, the Oof student in the back ground really compliments the shot, good Dof

Great photo with the oof person in the background writing! Phones are perfect for close-up shots.

Works for me Bob nicely out of focus BG but still enough detail to give a feeling on context.
Also works for me Bob, for exactly the same reasons as Mark.
A nice simple idea, sharp foreground with a nice use of DoF.
And as I assume that was taken during the working day, you also got paid for it :D
Yep works for me too Bob, liking the Oof student and good Dof.
Very nice Bob, the background really does compliment the subject.
Nice image and I like the location. Is the top of the pen out of focus our is out just me?
I think that's come out really well considering it's a phone shot. Well imagined and taken. Having the student in the background works nicely to give it context. (y)
Like what they said, the Oof student in the back ground really compliments the shot, good Dof
Nothing to add I'm afraid, but it's a lovely shot, and impressive shallow DoF for a phone shot.
Great photo with the oof person in the background writing! Phones are perfect for close-up shots.
This is an excellent image considering it was a quick grab with a mobile....which, by the way should be immediately confiscated until the end of class!
(Yes...I am a former school teacher, so I've heard all the excuses!!:LOL::LOL:)

Great shot Bob!(y)
That's an original idea and a really good result, Bob, especially from a phone! I like the idea very much, the low viewpoint, and of course the OOF student in the background sets the scene perfectly :clap:

Thank you all for your comments!!!

Very much appreciated.

Excellent and a fellow Camel smoker! Works well in mono, good use of DOF.

Hi Bob

Nice point of view and DOF, a bit of grittiness in the processing works well assuming its Digital and not Ilford HP4.

Pete

Plain and simple it fits in nicely.

Love the detail here and the grain really adds to the edgy feel!
I like the mono processing too, and the low angle really draws you in!

I managed to quit several years ago, with the help of vaping devices...I know it's not really quitting per se, but it got me off the fags at least!
Now I can smell things a mile away....which actually isn't all it's cracked up to be!!:LOL:
Good luck and stay strong Bob!(y)

I like the symbolism, be strong I hope you can keep it up.

Lol.. my old brand given up years ago! Nice pov and processing.

I like the angle of view, depth of field and the mono processing. Bang on theme.

Like everything about this shot especially the low angle and the depth of field. Top marks from me.

Excellent and a fellow Camel smoker! Works well in mono, good use of DOF.
Hi Bob

Nice point of view and DOF, a bit of grittiness in the processing works well assuming its Digital and not Ilford HP4.

Pete
Plain and simple it fits in nicely.
Nice take Bob, bad habit that I`m trying to stop again. Loving the gritty look to the shot.
Love the detail here and the grain really adds to the edgy feel!
I like the mono processing too, and the low angle really draws you in!

I managed to quit several years ago, with the help of vaping devices...I know it's not really quitting per se, but it got me off the fags at least!
Now I can smell things a mile away....which actually isn't all it's cracked up to be!!:LOL:
Good luck and stay strong Bob!(y)
The low PoV works well and mags for a very strong image. Like it a lot.
I like the symbolism, be strong I hope you can keep it up.
Great image that really suits the theme
Lol.. my old brand given up years ago! Nice pov and processing.
I like the angle of view, depth of field and the mono processing. Bang on theme.
Works nicely on both counts Bob. Processing works too.
Almost worth putting a print on your wall to act as a spur to stay away?
Nice, simple, on theme and the grain adds to the picture.(y)
Like everything about this shot especially the low angle and the depth of field. Top marks from me.
What Charlie Chaplin said, "Simplicity of approach is always best"
Nice and simple, great photo!
Simple, but very effective. The subject is beautifully isolated - really nice photo.
Great photo - the subject, angle, dof and lighting.
Looks good. Stay strong, it won't be easy.
Nice and simple and clean nicely processed.

Thank you all for the comments. Most people got the simplicity, pov and graininess which were all intended. Yeah, right!! No, really...promise.
Anyways, still on the Woodbines btw so not really discarded.

Oh and I will get round to commenting. Another promise.

Just recently I have been in Ethiopia, Botswana, Gulf of Guinea and Namibia.
Very hectic and stressful!!

Well, not actually there in person, but doing translations for a local travel firm!! :runaway:

Nice simple shot for discarded, it has some real impact. :)

Hi Bob,
I like the shots for Pleasure. The sepia treatment works well but I'm not sure about the aged photograph look.
Thats a really nice image for Tool. Excellent composition and DoF.
Great shot for Discarded too. The treatment and simplicity of the shot really works well. My kinda image :clap:

Nice simple shot for discarded, it has some real impact. :)

Cheers Rick!

Hi Bob,
I like the shots for Pleasure. The sepia treatment works well but I'm not sure about the aged photograph look.
Thats a really nice image for Tool. Excellent composition and DoF.
Great shot for Discarded too. The treatment and simplicity of the shot really works well. My kinda image :clap:

Thanks Lee!

Back