weekly BobBCN I will be back soon for next year's 52 ......

Small , a clever double shoehorn.
Snappers choice, I like the first one, unusual pov, nice detail in the decking.
Lovely textures and colours in that photo of the decking - I like the PoV as well. Definitely the right shot for the main thread.
#1 makes my eyes go funny sorry :D
#2 a pleasing beach image reminds most of us what we are missing ;)
#1 is unusual, both have interesting angles, but I think I prefer #2.
I can't say why exactly, maybe the colour?
As Tim says great textures in No 1 but it's got to be No 2 for me.

Thanks for the comments!
Seems to be a split between 1 and 2!!!

And quite frankly you should be, it's a great looking shot. The well diffused background makes the butterfly stand out nicely.

Very nice Bob :)

I'm not surprised - that's a great shot. The muted colours are lovely.
As said... beautiful soft colours.
Lovely shot, well lit.
Its a cracker of a shot. Spot on focus and I like the butterfly/moth wing texture and details.
And quite frankly you should be, it's a great looking shot. The well diffused background makes the butterfly stand out nicely.
Nicely done Bob. I really like that.
Very nicely done Bob, nice textures and very natural colours.
Very nice Bob :)
Nicely captured Bob

Once again, thanks for the inspirational comments.
I'll be commenting back within the next few days!!

WEEKS 27, 28, 29

Week 27 -SIGNS

Just some signs.....

WEEK.27 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Week 28 . SECURE

Ten cent coins pressed into the platform of a metal staircase which is housed inside a precarious ruined church tower, enabling people to get to the top and I suspect hold the tower together. Don't know why people have done this but I guess it's for good luck etc
Well, they were impossible to remove (try as I might) so I reckon it fits the theme

WEEK.28 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Week 29 - PERSONAL

Again another habit of visitors .... building these little stone 'cairns' to mark routes etc Well, I did this one topped with part of the skull of a sheep/deer. Thus, it's personal!!
I didn't have my nd filters so I had to hold the camera steady against a rock (f22, 0.3") to get that milky effect.......

WEEK.29 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Hi Bob a very good 4 shot catch up.
Signs, I like a mountain view, looked up where it is, is it good walking country?
Secure, well spotted, I would have been there with my Swiss army knife trying to release some pennies!
Personal, I have seen this in Austria, Slovenia and Madeira, always by water. Yours definatly has the personal touch. Works well in b&w and I like the water in the background.
Graceful a fine looking horse again it works well in b&w.

Cool catch up Bob, liking them all but graceful is the top one as imo they are graceful but also beautiful.

Cheers Dave

Good catch up - really liking the graceful shot as well, especially with the long blonde hair :D

Thanks- I have to admit it made me think of Lady Gaga!

Hi Bob a very good 4 shot catch up.
Signs, I like a mountain view, looked up where it is, is it good walking country?
Secure, well spotted, I would have been there with my Swiss army knife trying to release some pennies!
Personal, I have seen this in Austria, Slovenia and Madeira, always by water. Yours definatly has the personal touch. Works well in b&w and I like the water in the background.
Graceful a fine looking horse again it works well in b&w.

Thanks Clive. Yes, there are hundreds of routes for walking around, but it's a bit hot at this time of year. I am hoping to to do Pedraforca (forked stone) this autumn!!

Pattern
I like that. I always find nature has the answer to most of my photographic needs when it comes to finding a subject for a theme.
It's definitely got patterns, looks good in black and white too.

Nicely caught up Bob. I particularly like the signs and horse shots and that's a nice pattern on the plant.

Hi Bob

Static, they are not moving, so bang on theme.

Nice pattern in the black & white rendition of a flower. No idea what sort it is.

Pete

Last edited:
Nicely processed image for Patterns Bob.

Hi Bob, nice bright colours and they are static. They stand out well against the tree.
Cheers Clive!
Pattern
I like that. I always find nature has the answer to most of my photographic needs when it comes to finding a subject for a theme.
It's definitely got patterns, looks good in black and white too.
Two nice shots Ben - the patterns and textures on the Pattern shot work very nicely together, and very nicely in black and white.
Nicely caught up Bob. I particularly like the signs and horse shots and that's a nice pattern on the plant.
Like the mono conversion and the square crop gives that near-symmetrical pattern.
Hi Bob

Static, they are not moving, so bang on theme.

Nice pattern in the black & white rendition of a flower. No idea what sort it is.

Pete
Nicely processed image for Patterns Bob.
Lovely mono image.
Nice patterns, nature is very good at things like that, nice processing too.
Static - You can certainly tell some are older than others, but what are they?
Pattern - Is it nature or is it reproduction? The processing certainly makes it feel man made.

Thanks for all the comments!!

@LC2 The yellow objects are post boxes 'Spanish style' and the pattern is natural. I have no idea what type pf plant it is, some type of cactus I guess....

WEEK 33 - CAMOUFLAGE

WEEK.33 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Orlu, France. Local rumour has it that the 'wailing woman of the water' was in fact a housewife who drowned in the river. Apparently, she had just made the evening meal but her husband, a keen fisherman, hadn't returned. Worried that his chips would go cold, she went out in search of him. Unbeknown to her he had actually run off with the neighbour's wife. The poor woman went out night after nght hoping to find her man, and on one such night there was a sudden surge of water (as happens in those parts, apparently) and she lost her balance on the slippery rocks, fell into the river and was swept away never to be seen again. The locals say that every year on the exact date she disappeared you can hear a wailing noise and maybe even catch a glimpse of her ghostly appariton in the river. So, I guess I was lucky!! I didn't see her at first, but when I showed the photo to an old guy at the tavern he exclaimed, "ah la pauvre femme n’a jamais trouvé son mari" and then went on to tell me the whole story (after a few bottles of Stella Artois, that is).

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Well, I had you going, perhaps ...... :oops: :$:oops: :$:oops: :$:oops: :$

Camouflage
I was enjoying that little tale and would have totally believed it too (well not the ghost bit).

Thinking about a return to the 52s starting January 2024

I will need to sort out the main thread/ my thread thing and the links etc

For now, just checking to see if I still remembered how to post photos from flickr

IMG_3919 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Which seems to be the case ......

Last edited:
Back