BobBCN 52 Challenge 2019 - Week 52

TP52 (2019) Week 1 - NEW

01.NEW
by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

So, basically a shot from where I went to celebrate the New Year.
I could go on about how it was a NEW experience for me spending the NEW Year in a NEW place but …..
It was taken in Monopoli in southern Italy and quite early in the morning so I had the seafront all to myself.
It was bitterly cold and the wind was fierce but I managed to get some shots of the bastione di Santa Maria which was a defense tower in its day.
I love the colours, and the waves crashing against the rocks beneath an ominous sky … and it kinda fits this week's theme, too.

very nice i like how the dark sky is coming in yet is still holding onto light where you are :)

Like the way the sea is coming in, not to much or to little, in my eyes just right, great shot Bob.

Walter

Very nice seascape. Almost feel as though as I was there.

Very ominous, great composition, nice bit of action caught there with the waves crashing like that and even a strong leading line into the shot.
What's not to like in this shot? Hmm, nothing.
:clap:

very nice i like how the dark sky is coming in yet is still holding onto light where you are :)

Love the moody sky in this and the waves crashing over, a great image and nicely done.

Agree with Dave, very moody, great place to spend New Year.

Like the way the sea is coming in, not to much or to little, in my eyes just right, great shot Bob.

Walter

Hi Bob, I like this. A great sky there. Love the waves crashing up and nice colour in the image. I also like the reflection you have in there too. Looks like my sort of place!

Very nice seascape. Almost feel as though as I was there.

Very ominous, great composition, nice bit of action caught there with the waves crashing like that and even a strong leading line into the shot.
What's not to like in this shot? Hmm, nothing.
:clap:

Like this Bob, great idea !

Thanks for all the comments. I am encouraged to go on. It was the best of a bunch of similar shots I took that day and I knew I had a good image to start my 52 with.
Thankfully the theme was NEW and so it was easy to shoehorn the image into that. In fact, any pic would have done the job as the first shot in a NEW challenge. Thanks once again.
Also as a footnote, I would not be put off by any negative comments and I would appreciate any pointers. Here to enjoy myself, but also to learn!!

Also as a footnote, I would not be put off by any negative comments and I would appreciate any pointers. Here to enjoy myself, but also to learn!!
Hopefully, Bob, comments shouldn't be negative, but suggestions as to how others may have approached the shot.
That's how we've tried to approach commenting in previous years (I'm sure one or two get viewed as overly negative on occasions, but I don't think anyone intends to be mean - it can just be hard to type out what you mean to say, sometimes).

Hopefully, Bob, comments shouldn't be negative, but suggestions as to how others may have approached the shot.
That's how we've tried to approach commenting in previous years (I'm sure one or two get viewed as overly negative on occasions, but I don't think anyone intends to be mean - it can just be hard to type out what you mean to say, sometimes).

Yes, exactly what I meant.

Pointers/suggestions rather than direct negative comments. Having said that, when people say things like "I would have done this or that…" it can be taken wrongly I suppose.

So I meant that I wouldn't be offended by this type of "corrective comment".

I think the philosophy of the challenge should be along the lines that everyone posts images which are basically good but which can often be improved.
Unless, of course, someone posts an absolute gem and then it's hats off all the way.

Reactions: LC2
Great image I like the crashing waves and that you have also captured a reflection

New
It's got atmosphere. The dark sky and bright sea contrast each other well. I wonder if it would have worked in black and white.

Like the way you have captured the promenade edge leading your eye into the crashing waves, good timing.

New
It's got atmosphere. The dark sky and bright sea contrast each other well. I wonder if it would have worked in black and white.

Thanks I will look into that.

I was just going to say it’s full of atmosphere then noticed Dominic beat me to it, super shot.

Yes he did, but thank you anyway!!

Like the way you have captured the promenade edge leading your eye into the crashing waves, good timing.

I took so many that one had to be just right!! Thanks.

A striking image to start the new year and your new challenge, Bob :) I like the dark cloudy sky, the action in the sea and the strong leading lines.

Thank you. Appreciated.

Very nice image, moody/atmospheric and a nice reflection too, only very tiny niggle for me (in the spirit of a "corrective comment":p) I don't like mess so I would have taken the seaweed away in photoshop but that might just be me. Lots of others would prefer it in :D Great start and look forward to seeing more :D

Very nice image, moody/atmospheric and a nice reflection too, only very tiny niggle for me (in the spirit of a "corrective comment":p) I don't like mess so I would have taken the seaweed away in photoshop but that might just be me. Lots of others would prefer it in :D Great start and look forward to seeing more :D

Yes, I see what you mean. I was doubting so I took the easiest option. Thanks. :)

I like your clean machine, it almost menacing.

Thanks Clive, menacing it is but so was the guy driving it, so a quick snap and I was gone!! :cool:

Clean is bang on the theme, but maybe clone out the rail on LHS and bit of paper he missed at the back a good shot and like the crop.

Cheers Dave. Thought about the railing, too, and I missed the paper he missed, but you didn't!! :oops: :$

good spot for the theme glad you got out the way quickly.

Lucky spot Bob, bang on theme. Quick thinking to grab the shot

Well seen. Almost looks like a face at the front...

I like the crop on this. It does really look like a face on the front of the machine.

Back