BobBCN 52 Challenge 2019 - Week 52

good spot for the theme glad you got out the way quickly.
Yes me too, or I would have become the first casualty in the 2019 52 challenge!!
Yes, sometimes you don't have to think too hard and the perfect image just presents itself in front of you.
All too often, but in the past I have been thwarted by not having my camera on me. Now my camera goes with me, especially after Thursday!
Lucky spot Bob, bang on theme. Quick thinking to grab the shot
Thank you! But I knew they'd be out and about, so I was prepared.
Well seen. Almost looks like a face at the front...
Yes, it makes me think of a crab or insect, scooping up food so to speak.
Very cool!!
I especially like the piece of paper that's about to be gobbled up by the sweeper...works well to draw the eye.
Excellent detail too, with the right amount of motion blur in the brushes.
Nicely done Bob.(y)
I took a guess at 1/125 for the blur, and it seemed to be about right. Thanks.
I like the crop on this. It does really look like a face on the front of the machine.
Thanks Joan. Just a slight crop from the original. I wanted to eliminate the buildings on the right as much as possible, but of course these machines get right up to the edges where all the rubbish tends to collect.

Love that alien insectile machine face :)

Nice capture for theme. Works well. I think i'd either have liked to have seen the full truck or maybe even a crop to show just the brushes and all below. Well spotted

Nicely captured, bang on theme.

Good start to your 52 hopefully you got out of the way of the road sweeper and we will see your week three image

Spot on for the theme, Bob (y) I like the 'face' of the machine, the motion in the spinning brushes and the patches of light thrown down from the lights. The background is slightly distracting but it's clearly an urban scene and I doubt there was much you could do about that.
That was a lucky find for the theme Bob, a perfect choice. I like those patches of light too, they add to the early morning atmosphere.
Nice capture for theme. Works well. I think i'd either have liked to have seen the full truck or maybe even a crop to show just the brushes and all below. Well spotted
Well done for spotting the idea and getting the shot. I particularly like the rubbish at the front of the pic waiting to be cleaned up.
Good start to your 52 hopefully you got out of the way of the road sweeper and we will see your week three image

Thanks to all who have stopped by to comment. Very much appreciated. Onto week 3!!!

Good start to the 52.

New - Really like that image. loads of moodiness in the sky but id have been tempted to move just a bit closer so as to lose the seaweed in the foreground. clean the image up a little so to speak.

Clean - Interesting choice of subject. Looks slightly menacing. Like a big bug.

A litter eating monster :) I like the pools of light from its eyes/ headlights :D

Good start to the 52.

New - Really like that image. loads of moodiness in the sky but id have been tempted to move just a bit closer so as to lose the seaweed in the foreground. clean the image up a little so to speak.

Clean - Interesting choice of subject. Looks slightly menacing. Like a big bug.

A litter eating monster :) I like the pools of light from its eyes/ headlights :D

Thank you for the comments

TP52 (2019) Week 3 - OPEN

I had a 'tin' idea from the off but that was soon gobbled up (excuse the pun) but I couldn't think of anything else. So I guess I was stuck with it and I decided to capture just that … being stuck with a tin without a tin-opener (even though it's a ring-pull affair!!) But you get the idea.....

03.OPEN by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Maybe a tad to dark for me and not sure about the highlights on the tin but I do like the composition and the fact you can just see the hands and nothing of the body, but I do like the image and idea.

Dark and moody beans - that's a new one - and I like it :)

Great idea, works well.
For me the hands / can are a bit dark.
I may have had a go at lightening them up with an exposure or levels adjustment layer, and then masking the spoon and fork to retain their darker exposure.
Dunno. Worth a try maybe?

Love it Bob!!
Great story and a compelling image.
I like the darker exposure too, and good use of lighting to pick out some crucial cutlery detail, and to define the shape of the can with those nice, specular spots top and bottom.
Nice work Bob.(y)

Thanks @GarethB! Comments such as yours here encourage me to keep going!!

very nice works well and great execution.

Thanks Peter. Appreciated.

Like Gareth, I love it too and it goes great in mono and you just got away with the lighting in it too.

Thanks Dave. The lighting was just a reading lamp pointing straight at the can. My only issue was the vertical highlight down the middle of the can which was difficult to avoid as I wanted the highlights on the metal bits.

Maybe a tad to dark for me and not sure about the highlights on the tin but I do like the composition and the fact you can just see the hands and nothing of the body, but I do like the image and idea.

Cheers Allan. Yes, I darkened the image using Photoscape. Something called "Brillo de Gamma" (my version is in Spanish) which I guess is Gamma Brightness. Anyways, my idea was to create the effect of the hands coming out of blackness, but I suppose it darkened everything.

Dark and moody beans - that's a new one - and I like it :)

Thanks Dave. Moody beans - like that description!! It could be a caption for the shot. My daughter who is studying in San Diego came out with another caption:

Beans, beans, the magical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
So let's have beans for every meal!!

I had never heard toot used like that before!! Made in the USA I guess!!

Great idea, works well.
For me the hands / can are a bit dark.
I may have had a go at lightening them up with an exposure or levels adjustment layer, and then masking the spoon and fork to retain their darker exposure.
Dunno. Worth a try maybe?

Thanks Tim. I think my level of editing is nowhere near what you are suggesting :oops: :$, but I understand what you mean!!

That’s a very original idea for the theme, I like the choice of b&w it works well.

Thanks Susie. Original. That's what I was aiming for. Of course, there's nothing wrong with posting something that's quite similar to someone else's, but I want to avoid this if I can. I suppose the secret is to get in quick! My first idea was an open can of beans with some spilling out but that idea, as I said, was 'taken' early on.

Hi Bob

New, nice shot, you have some lovely light in the sea and the clouds and the reflections on the walkway.

Clean, He missed a bit, I like the colours of the lights and on the pavement. It looks a bit wonky to me, I would not hang around with a tripod incase it all got swept up.

Open, nice low key image Bob, works well, even the highlights are in keeping.

Pete

Very nicely done - shoe-horned that one right into the theme. Very good image

Hi Bob

New, nice shot, you have some lovely light in the sea and the clouds and the reflections on the walkway.

Clean, He missed a bit, I like the colours of the lights and on the pavement. It looks a bit wonky to me, I would not hang around with a tripod incase it all got swept up.

Open, nice low key image Bob, works well, even the highlights are in keeping.

Pete
Thanks for stopping by Pete.

Catching up...

New-great image to kick off with, it looks almost like a painting.
Clean-covers the theme, but my OCD ness doesn't like that I can't see the whole machine
Open-nice thinking, works very well with the lighting, plus ticks off a mono.

Nice lighting on 'Open' I like that, it also suits the B&W treatment.

Hi Bob,

New - Really liking your shot. Great colours for what looks like a potentially very dark and wet day. I wonder if a slight crop off the bottom so the base of the wall on the right went into the corner would lead the eye in more?
Clean - I like the close crop on the machine. Perfect fit to the theme too. (y)
Open - Good image that fits the theme, is fun and yet slightly menacing at the same time (I think that makes sense!!). Great lighting too.

Back