BobBCN 52 Challenge 2019 - Week 52

Nice shot, interesting angle and the light and reflections work really well.

Like to have seen a bit more of the light cast behind the bottles good idea though

Hi Bob, just catching up with your recent images as I'm almost up to date in my own thread:
Smooth doesn't immediately shout 'smooth' to me because the first thing I saw was the teeth on the gear wheel but you can see that the foreground textures are smooth and shiny and I really like the light and limited colour palette in this one.
Above definitely conveys the theme as you can tell from the angle that it is high above you and it shows up well against the blue sky.
Hot is a great idea and the low key style works well, with the little wisp of smoke against the black background.
Light is another original idea and I like the way the different colours are thrown onto the background (y)

A great interpretation for the theme Bob. Well thought out and taken. I really like the subtle colours in the light that have created by the bottles.

Catching up

Smooth-I really like it nice idea for the theme
Above-Nice shot, very much on theme
Hot-Works well in mono, very well done
Light-A bit more of the background colours would have improved this imo, nicely done though

Hi Bob, you certainly suffer for your art, drinking 8 bottles of beer :)

Really nice image, lots of difficult reflections to handle and the background colour as well.

Pete

Nice one Bob. Works nicely. Lots of interesting different bottles and tops

Thanks for all the comments. Having a busy time at the moment so shoehorns will be forthcoming.....

Talking of which ……..

Week 18 - CROWD

Poor Alex. He really struggles and is by far the weakest student I have. He started off with a D in the first evaluation, dropped down to an E in the second, and got back up to a D in the third. Strong candidate for repeating. I must have a word with his parents ……..

18.CROWDED by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Light
Nice pov and light.

Crowd
I think you've been very imaginative.

Crowd: well, I think you've taken the shoe-horn crown from me with this one! haha, nicely done indeed.

Wow!!! That's a really cool crowded shot. What a great find. Love it

Light
Nice pov and light.
Crowd
I think you've been very imaginative.
Cheers Dominic

Crowd: well, I think you've taken the shoe-horn crown from me with this one! haha, nicely done indeed.
Cheers Jim. Sure you'll get the crown back at some point, although I'll no doubt put in another bid.

Shoe horn of the week for crowd, but I do like it so nice shot.

Cheers Dave!

Very Clever Bob, Nice effect on the Image as well.
Pete
Thanks Pete!

Clever, creative and shamelessly shoehorned! Love it!
Nothing more to say really - you nailed it....which is more than can be said for poor old Alex!:LOL:
Bravo!:clap:
Cheers Gareth! Yep, Alex is a loser. Well, if he were real …..

Wow!!! That's a really cool crowded shot. What a great find. Love it
Thanks Ian. Not so much a find as a set of invented names and marks!

Bob, shoehorn or not it’s a smashing idea and right on theme !
Cheers Chris.

Brilliant interpretation for Crowd Bob. Very well seen. Well done :clap:
Cheers Lee. Well seen, hmmm, totally invented more like.

That's a great macro shot, surreal

Thanks Mark. I think I should have dusted her off a bit, though.

Two great images there Bob!(y)
Decay: Nice framing and a perfect fit for the theme....I do so love a nice derelict building, and yet it is also a shame they're left to deteriorate.
Free: Terrific macro image! Great mono processing and the DoF is very good....fascinating to look at and very well framed and photographed!

Nice decaying factory Bob. What a shame all these old buildings are left to likely be demolished for houses. You captured the essence of the theme bang on

Free/Macro works really well too. Good detail and I like the crop (if there is one)

WEEK 21 - WHOLE

I had the whole platform to myself, and then the whole train came into view…...

21.WHOLE by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

WEEK 22 - FRAGILE

Well, I have to confess.....
LOVE is, of course, the most FRAGILE of all.
And so, here's my new partner Roser, very new partner actually, but hook, line and sinker …. and the reason I have been off the grid recently.

22.FRAGILE by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Whole - train = winner :)

Fragile is a superb shot!

Two great images there Bob!:clap:
Whole: Exceedingly well composed shot, and excellent front-to-back sharpness and lots going on in the background with the graffiti on the opposite platform, and the mountains in the distance. Excellent!
Fragile: Fantastic portrait! What an amazing, genuine expression! I really like this image....the hand posing is perfect and natural and I love the processing with your mono treatment and the use of selective blur to draw the eye in....clever stuff! The very warmest wishes to you and Roser!:)

Good to see your still with us Bob, both good pics for the theme but the portrait is very good indeed, the blurred vignette works so well

Whole platform :D
Fragile is a great image really do love it.

Thanks Dave!!
Whole - train = winner :)
Fragile is a superb shot!

Thanks Dave!!

Both excellent shots, and original!

Thank you. Comments appreciated.

Fragile Bob and your comments just made me smile. Really nice and genuine!

Cheers Chris! She liked your comment!!

Two great images there Bob!:clap:
Whole: Exceedingly well composed shot, and excellent front-to-back sharpness and lots going on in the background with the graffiti on the opposite platform, and the mountains in the distance. Excellent!
Fragile: Fantastic portrait! What an amazing, genuine expression! I really like this image....the hand posing is perfect and natural and I love the processing with your mono treatment and the use of selective blur to draw the eye in....clever stuff! The very warmest wishes to you and Roser!:)

Cheers Gareth! She liked this one, too!!

Good to see your still with us Bob, both good pics for the theme but the portrait is very good indeed, the blurred vignette works so well

Yep, still hanging on in there Allan!! Thanks

Yep....that's squashed!!
Great shot Bob, it is definitely on point, theme-wise!(y)
I've been looking at the faces in the windows, and I couldn't help but notice the lady on the upper deck at the front....with her hand over her face!!
I wonder what's going on there! I like to imagine what the stories might be....personally, I think she's left the gas on, and her companion sitting to her right is texting the neighbours to ask if they'll go and turn it off!!:giggle:
Great image with loads of interest!(y)

Hi Bob,

Squashed - Lol, they are a bit aren't they... Nicely caught, culd maybe benefit from a little more space underneath the bus?
Fragile - Lovely shot, engrossed in her conversation on the phone, what does she think of the shot?
Whole - Nice work, sharp where it wants to be and plenty of dof to allow further investigation of the photo past the immediate subject (for instance the street art on the other platform).
Free Week - Loving the use of shadow in that image.
Decay - Is that a heavy crop in(from the small dimensions of the image on flickr)? If so it certainly stands up to scrutiny.
Crowd - That took me a minute, lol. Worthy of some of @Cobra's shoehorns.
Light - as Jiim says, an interesting angle and the reflections add to the image. You're making me thirsty.
Hot - Bang on theme. I think that works really well, suits mono nd the capture of the smoke is excellent.
Above - Works well for the theme and I like your choice to crop in rather than go for a wider shot.

Back