BobBCN 52 Challenge 2019 - Week 52

I have taken that very bus ride about 10 years ago I can confirm it was quite busy at times

Whole
Good train shot.

Fragile
It looks good in black and white. I think, for me, the dof is a bit shallow.

Looks like it will be a squashed journey, nice and colourful image too.

Thanks Dave

Yep....that's squashed!!
Great shot Bob, it is definitely on point, theme-wise!(y)
I've been looking at the faces in the windows, and I couldn't help but notice the lady on the upper deck at the front....with her hand over her face!!
I wonder what's going on there! I like to imagine what the stories might be....personally, I think she's left the gas on, and her companion sitting to her right is texting the neighbours to ask if they'll go and turn it off!!:giggle:
Great image with loads of interest!(y)

Or maybe she is just hot and bothered, and yearning for a nice cold lager and lime!!

Hi Bob,

Squashed - Lol, they are a bit aren't they... Nicely caught, culd maybe benefit from a little more space underneath the bus?
Fragile - Lovely shot, engrossed in her conversation on the phone, what does she think of the shot?
Whole - Nice work, sharp where it wants to be and plenty of dof to allow further investigation of the photo past the immediate subject (for instance the street art on the other platform).
Free Week - Loving the use of shadow in that image.
Decay - Is that a heavy crop in(from the small dimensions of the image on flickr)? If so it certainly stands up to scrutiny.
Crowd - That took me a minute, lol. Worthy of some of @Cobra's shoehorns.
Light - as Jiim says, an interesting angle and the reflections add to the image. You're making me thirsty.
Hot - Bang on theme. I think that works really well, suits mono nd the capture of the smoke is excellent.
Above - Works well for the theme and I like your choice to crop in rather than go for a wider shot.

Thanks for the catch up Tim.
FRAGILE - She is actually very hard to please photo-wise. But this one was deemed acceptable!!
I think DECAY was a slight crop, but resized to 675x450 using Photoscape.

I have taken that very bus ride about 10 years ago I can confirm it was quite busy at times

And it still is to this day!! Cheers Allan

Whole
Good train shot.

Fragile
It looks good in black and white. I think, for me, the dof is a bit shallow.

Yes, I see your point wth the dof. It's a filter I applied (Photoscape)

Squash
They certainly pack them in.

Sardines!!

Nicely done for whole - you wait for one to come along and then two come along at one. Nicely spotted

Fragile - really like this. You've created a superbly warm image that suits the lovely lady perfectly. Love is a beautiful thang :)

Squashed works perfectly too. I feel anyone's pain when they're on the tourist trail. My real pet hate

Time - nice image. That looks like a lovely place to spend time not thinking about time

Last edited:
Time
It looks like it's in the middle of nowhere.
Somewhere where time has stood still.

That looks a beautiful place to go and spend a great chill out time, good colours.

It certainly was! Cheers Dave.

Nicely done for whole - you wait for one to come along and then two come along at one. Nicely spotted

Fragile - really like this. You've created a superbly warm image that suits the lovely lady perfectly. Love is a beautiful thang :)

Squashed works perfectly too. I feel anyone's pain when they're on the tourist trail. My real pet hate

Time - nice image. That looks like a lovely place to spend time not thinking about time

Thanks Ian. Comments appreciated.

What an amazing location, and very well taken image too!
It does indeed look like a wonderfully tranquil place to while away the hours!
Very nice work Bob!(y)

Very tranquil. Just a bar and a cheese shop!
Cheers Gareth

Time
It looks like it's in the middle of nowhere.
Somewhere where time has stood still.

It is in the middle of nowhere. I'll be there again for a week in August, so hopefully more photos will appear!
Thanks Dominic

Bob, squashed well suited to the theme, but ?Time and your statement about forgetting time gets my imagination going !

Thanks Chris!

Certainly looks like a village lost in the mist of time. One small thing, I might have cloned out the car bottom left to give it a truly timeless feel.

Yes, the car! Well spotted!
Thank you Tim.

Hi Bob,

Doing a bit of a round up of your latest shots after being a bit busy of late.
Whole - A good take on the theme and a pin sharp shot to boot.
Fragile - A beautiful portrait that really works for me. Excellent image and pp.
Squashed - Great colours and it certainly looks like the way to get about albeit a bit squashed as you say!
Time - What a lovely place and well shot in what looks like a strong contrast day. I feel the need to go on holiday now!

Hi Bob

Time, Nice looking place you found there, Image looks better on Flickr, would look better with early or late light, but we can't all get to these places at the time that suits us.

Pete

Hi Bob,

Doing a bit of a round up of your latest shots after being a bit busy of late.
Whole - A good take on the theme and a pin sharp shot to boot.
Fragile - A beautiful portrait that really works for me. Excellent image and pp.
Squashed - Great colours and it certainly looks like the way to get about albeit a bit squashed as you say!
Time - What a lovely place and well shot in what looks like a strong contrast day. I feel the need to go on holiday now!

Thanks for stopping by, Lee. I will be back on commenting next week.

Hi Bob

Time, Nice looking place you found there, Image looks better on Flickr, would look better with early or late light, but we can't all get to these places at the time that suits us.

Pete

Thanks Pete!

A couple of great images there Bob!(y)

Full: I like the concept, and the mono processing is very nice. They don't look empty though....unless you replaced all the bottle tops!:giggle:
Drink: I love this image Bob! Great macro with fantastic colours and a real abstract, ethereal feel! Can't fault it - Wonderful!:clap:

Hi Bob,

That's quite a full set of of shelves! Liking the mono conversion for that - it works well.
Drink is a great shot. Fantastic colours and the square crop works perfectly.

Loving the beer bubbles! Looks an interesting beer!

Love the colour in the beer bubbles ! Nice macro as well ! Your take on Full is really good and the b&w just suits it so well. Am I to assume that these are from a collection you have previously drunk

A couple of great images there Bob!(y)

Full: I like the concept, and the mono processing is very nice. They don't look empty though....unless you replaced all the bottle tops!:giggle:
Drink: I love this image Bob! Great macro with fantastic colours and a real abstract, ethereal feel! Can't fault it - Wonderful!:clap:
Totally empty!! And enjoyed! Cheers Gareth!

Liking full and like Gareth says they don`t look empty at all.
Drink is a cool shot and very nice macro.

The drink was taken from above, so the bubbles at the bottom are actually at the edges of the glass.

Thanks Dave

Hi Bob,

That's quite a full set of of shelves! Liking the mono conversion for that - it works well.
Drink is a great shot. Fantastic colours and the square crop works perfectly.

Thanks Lee!

Loving the beer bubbles! Looks an interesting beer!

All beers interest me!!

Love the colour in the beer bubbles ! Nice macro as well ! Your take on Full is really good and the b&w just suits it so well. Am I to assume that these are from a collection you have previously drunk

Yes, a growing collection, but only 125 so far!! Early days though!

WEEK 28 - WIDE (week 27 still in the teapot at the mo)

I have chosen an archive shot of the statue atop the church on Tibidabo mountain here in BCN.
Somebody told me that Tibidabo means 'all that I give you' but I am not sure. It certainly fits with the wide open arms, but it could be the locals changing language to suit their idea that Barcelona is actually the centre of the universe!!

BCN Tibidabo by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Two excellent images there Bob!:clap:

Wide: Terrific perspective here! Very nicely processed too. I like the 'slightly off symmetrical' composition as well, very interesting.
Free: Very nice full length portrait of the lovely Roser! Very nice natural expression and pose and the colour pop technique works well too.
Those worn stone features really are well placed and the light is nice and soft too. Excellent!(y)

I like that Bob the angle makes it

Thank you Allan

Wide
Good pov and black and white.

Thanks Dominic

Two excellent images there Bob!:clap:

Wide: Terrific perspective here! Very nicely processed too. I like the 'slightly off symmetrical' composition as well, very interesting.
Free: Very nice full length portrait of the lovely Roser! Very nice natural expression and pose and the colour pop technique works well too.
Those worn stone features really are well placed and the light is nice and soft too. Excellent!(y)

The lovely Roser will be well chuffed!! Cheers!

Wide is a great image and love the angle it`s taken at.
Free is a belter of an image and the colour pop really does make it stand out well.

She's a belter, too!! Thanks Dave!

Two mobile phone pics to get myself up to date...…...

Week 27 - DIRTY

And of course 'net' is a Catalan word meaning 'clean' so maybe the people who can't read dump their crap next to the bins. Keeps the cockroaches happy, at least...

27. DIRTY by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Week 29 - CLOSED

So if that particular shop is CLOSED and up for sale, the recession is much worse than we thought!!

29. CLOSED by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Life
Blimey that was quick.
I would maybe have cropped a little off of the bottom. I do like the pose that you've caught and the setting. It's good in black and white too.

Life,

Thought provoking shot. Nicely taken and good treatment.

Nice work Bob.(y)

Dirty: Certainly a sorry sight, but fits the theme well! Interestingly the french word for clean is 'nettoyer'.
Closed: Not a very glamorous frontage considering it's former trade....but then I suppose that's the point! :giggle: Nicely taken with crisp lines and some good shadows.
Life: Excellent image, and well processed for mono....as Rick says, thought provoking!

Life
Blimey that was quick.
I would maybe have cropped a little off of the bottom. I do like the pose that you've caught and the setting. It's good in black and white too.

Point taken re the crop. Thanks Dominic

Life,

Thought provoking shot. Nicely taken and good treatment.

Thought provoking indeed. The situation is really getting out of hand here in BCN. There are people begging everywhere!

Nice work Bob.(y)

Dirty: Certainly a sorry sight, but fits the theme well! Interestingly the french word for clean is 'nettoyer'.
Closed: Not a very glamorous frontage considering it's former trade....but then I suppose that's the point! :giggle: Nicely taken with crisp lines and some good shadows.
Life: Excellent image, and well processed for mono....as Rick says, thought provoking!

The Catalan language is very similar to French, but don't mention that to a Catalan!!

Thanks for the comments Gareth! Oh, and Roser was chuffed to bits!!

Life is poignant for sure - although I suspect few actually choose that life.

Hi Bob

Great shot for wide, good conversion to B&W.

Snappers choice, and it is a good choice, lucky fella. Like the detail in the background, composition is good, keep an eye out for edge of frame, slight movement would of put the drain cover in or out of the image.

Dirty, it fits the theme and its a big problem where ever you are.

Closed, had a chuckle at your comments. Fits the theme, not the most glamous place is it.

Life, It can be hard, sometimes depends on luck or lack of. Nice tones to the B&W conversion, I would have cropped out a bit at the left (the part doorstep) so the chap is looking into more of the image.

Pete

Life is poignant for sure - although I suspect few actually choose that life.

Yes, for sure. Whether they choose it or not I don't know.

Cheers

Hi Bob

Great shot for wide, good conversion to B&W.

Snappers choice, and it is a good choice, lucky fella. Like the detail in the background, composition is good, keep an eye out for edge of frame, slight movement would of put the drain cover in or out of the image.

Dirty, it fits the theme and its a big problem where ever you are.

Closed, had a chuckle at your comments. Fits the theme, not the most glamous place is it.

Life, It can be hard, sometimes depends on luck or lack of. Nice tones to the B&W conversion, I would have cropped out a bit at the left (the part doorstep) so the chap is looking into more of the image.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Comments very much appreciated.

Nice candid shot and black and white fit the subject too.

Thanks Stan.

Back