BobBCN 52 Challenge 2019 - Week 52

Yet another catch-up scenario……..

WEEK 44 - SPOOKY (mobile phone pic)

44. SPOOKY by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

WEEK 45 - SHORT

So many lives shortened during WWII and other wars. Taken at the Fort Rosecrans cemetery in San Diego.

45. SHORT by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

WEEK 46 - ENVIRONMENT

Sea lions on the coast of La Jolla, San Diego.

46. ENVIRONMENT by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

WEEK 47 - FAR

View of the San Diego skyline from Coronado beach.

47. FAR by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Some excellent images. Particularly like the cemetery one because of the symmetry. These places are extremely moving.

Superb images Bob!!:clap:

Spooky: This reminds me of those old, classic horror movie posters, with Bela Lugosi or Boris Karloff! It really is excellent and perfectly strikes the right balance of great framing and lighting!
Short: Sobering and poignant! Well composed and compelling image!
Environment: Excellent, action image, with great detail. Don't know if I'd want to be that close to them...they look a little crotchety! Well done!(y)
Far: Superb! The skyline is excellent, but the addition of the waders in the foreground is a great choice! Are they Godwits? They look like they might be. Great shot!

All the catch up images are really good, I like the short shot best, the trees provide lovely framing :)

Spooky - Nice use of light and shade and an action pose :) You wouldn't know it was a mobile phone shot.
Short - Poignant. Good use of lines.
Environment - You got pretty close in for that, not sure I would have wanted to be so close. Nice bit of action.
Far - Fits the theme, but unless that was a post straight off your phone, it could really have done with some pp.
I suspect that San Diego doesn't really mimic Pisa ;)

Cracking catch up Bob, all great images and bang on theme.

Thanks Dave!

Some excellent images. Particularly like the cemetery one because of the symmetry. These places are extremely moving.

Cheers Joan. Indeed they are!

Nice set of catch-up shots, Bob.

Thanks Stan!

Superb images Bob!!:clap:

Spooky: This reminds me of those old, classic horror movie posters, with Bela Lugosi or Boris Karloff! It really is excellent and perfectly strikes the right balance of great framing and lighting!
Short: Sobering and poignant! Well composed and compelling image!
Environment: Excellent, action image, with great detail. Don't know if I'd want to be that close to them...they look a little crotchety! Well done!(y)
Far: Superb! The skyline is excellent, but the addition of the waders in the foreground is a great choice! Are they Godwits? They look like they might be. Great shot!

Cheers Gareth. There were warning signs about approaching the sea lions, but they seemed pretty use to people getting near for the inevitable selfies. I have no idea if they are Godwits or not! Just birds to me.

Nice catch up Bob, a beautiful part of the world.

Thanks Clive. yes, it is. Wouldn't mind living there! But my daughter's four years is nearly over so unless she decides to stay …..

All the catch up images are really good, I like the short shot best, the trees provide lovely framing :)

Thanks Rick.

Spooky - Nice use of light and shade and an action pose :) You wouldn't know it was a mobile phone shot.
Short - Poignant. Good use of lines.
Environment - You got pretty close in for that, not sure I would have wanted to be so close. Nice bit of action.
Far - Fits the theme, but unless that was a post straight off your phone, it could really have done with some pp.
I suspect that San Diego doesn't really mimic Pisa ;)

Thanks Tim. Yes , the converging lines take a bit off the image, but well .... it kept me up to date!

Two really good pics both fitting the themes, play is very well caught

Two fab shots.

I love the 'play' shot, fantastic capture. there is evidently a story there which you can read in her face and body language. :clap: Excellent.
Below - Nice image, but it's tilted to the left by a degree or so, which hurts my OCD, sorry.

Smashing images there Bob!(y)

Play(ing): Wow! That look is chilling...well caught! As Tim @LC2 says, such a great story there...one can only imagine what is being said to her!
Below: Great symmetry, superb light and fab colours...what's not to like...apart from the ever-so-slight-wonkiness!!:giggle:

Hi Bob,
Great catch up!
Spooky is a great shot. Excellent lighting.
Short is an excellent and strong image. It really makes me think...
Play is just perfectly timed. There is such a story there.

Last edited:
Hi Bob,
Free Week - Lol at Long Exposure. I guess I'll let you have it :) Technique ticked...
Christmassy - Is that a Ferrero Rocher ? If so, that's impressively small writing (or is it printing) on the label. Nice macro too.

Great work Bob!

Snappers Choice: Fantastic, sharp image of a very striking bird...and exceedingly well done for the massive shoehorn on the technique...bravo Bob, bravo!!
Christmassy: "With this massive Rocher, you are really spoiling us!" :LOL: Is it a macro, or is it a massive Ferrero Rocher?
Either way it's a super image, well thought out and executed, with some great, sharp detail....and a Merry Christmas to you too Bob!(y)

Loving the biggest long exposure shoehorn shot of the year, still a great shot though. Nice one on the Christmassy shot.

Cheers Dave.

2 nice pictures , great detail in Christmassy

Thank you Clive

Hi Bob,
Free Week - Lol at Long Exposure. I guess I'll let you have it :) Technique ticked...
Christmassy - Is that a Ferrero Rocher ? If so, that's impressively small writing (or is it printing) on the label. Nice macro too.

I just cloned out out, and added the text. Cheers.

Great work Bob!

Snappers Choice: Fantastic, sharp image of a very striking bird...and exceedingly well done for the massive shoehorn on the technique...bravo Bob, bravo!!
Christmassy: "With this massive Rocher, you are really spoiling us!" :LOL: Is it a macro, or is it a massive Ferrero Rocher?
Either way it's a super image, well thought out and executed, with some great, sharp detail....and a Merry Christmas to you too Bob!(y)

Cheers Gareth!

Hi Bob

Great shot and shoe horn for wk50.
Lots of sharp detail in your chocy shot
And what can be said for wk52.;):wideyed:

Well done for finishing the 52.

Pete

Really like your week 52. Very abstract and I would have had no idea it was taken out a window! Great image to end on.

Great image to finish your 52 challenge Bob!:clap:
The heavy graduation top and bottom almost make it feel a bit voyeuristic!:LOL:
Congratulations for completing the year, I've really enjoyed your images, and look forward to more next year!

A very Happy New Year to you and yours Bob!(y)

Great finish, and well done on completing the challenge :)

Hi Bob

Great shot and shoe horn for wk50.
Lots of sharp detail in your chocy shot
And what can be said for wk52.;):wideyed:

Well done for finishing the 52.

Pete
Hi Bob, well done on finishing TP52 2019 with a marvellous shoe horn.
Nice horned shoe for the Out-takes shot Bob.
I really like it, it has the feel of a 40s art deco cinemascope of a cityscape.
Really effective :clap:

A great way to end your '19 52 :)
Really like your week 52. Very abstract and I would have had no idea it was taken out a window! Great image to end on.
Good one on the finish Bob.
Great image to finish your 52 challenge Bob!:clap:
The heavy graduation top and bottom almost make it feel a bit voyeuristic!:LOL:
Congratulations for completing the year, I've really enjoyed your images, and look forward to more next year!

A very Happy New Year to you and yours Bob!(y)
Great finish, and well done on completing the challenge :)

Thanks for the comments throughout 2019.
On to 2020!!!

Back