weekly Bob's 52 with 52 lenses for 2018-Week 7 Guarded

Week 6...Sharp
p2764823489-4.jpg

Shot on a Pentax 645Z with a Pentax 67 135mm f/4 macro lens

I very much like sharp, although its a little too reminiscent of knife related mishaps in the kitchen that seem to befall me all too often:banghead:. I have to say I like the processing as well, its quite a refreshing change :)

Hope that wasn't the medical emergency Bob:D Bang on for the theme but agree about the BG

Age - clever puzzle fun idea for the theme
Sharp - I like the blood on the blade has a very coppery tone.

I very much like sharp, although its a little too reminiscent of knife related mishaps in the kitchen that seem to befall me all too often:banghead:. I have to say I like the processing as well, its quite a refreshing change :)
It was a first attempt at processing with Topaz's new AI module......I think it has some possibilities when one's happy to deviate from a true capture.

I like what you're doing there and the effect of the blood on the knife.
I don't like the background though, it hurts the eyes and is distracting.
Hope that wasn't the medical emergency Bob:D Bang on for the theme but agree about the BG

The background was a sheet of embossed card with glitter on the surface

Age - clever puzzle fun idea for the theme
Sharp - I like the blood on the blade has a very coppery tone.

Food/cake colouring in case you were worried.

Thanks folks.....

Sharp is right on theme, but the processing is not for me I'm afraid.

Don't mind Sharp at all Bob. A little abstract for some maybe, but I like the concept and processing

The narrow DOF and processing make for something interesting and erm ... challenging. :)

Week 7 ....Guarded. I'm getting a bit behind here so dragged this out of the archives. The lovely Evie being molested by a Cornetto.

p641616212-5.jpg

An EF200/2 on a 1Dx

Last edited:
Yes, a very interesting look you're getting there, certainly on theme.
nice use of the dappled lighting and then the hat to ensure consistent lighting on her face.
Just enough background too. (y)

Fab portrait. Guarded, yes I see what you mean. :)

Guarded - she is certainly keeping an eye on you, you have captured a great expression.

Back