Bognor Regis Sunset Critique

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
Hi there!

I took these pictures on Tuesday night at my local beach in Bognor Regis. I have post processed them purely in Lightroom. I am open to critique on them, my aim was to get down there for some long exposure shots but I can never get the hang of it. I have a new Tokina 11-16mm lens which I used here and none of my filters obviously fit!

Bognor Beach 09/02/16 by Dan Smith, on Flickr

Bognor Beach 09/02/16 by Dan Smith, on Flickr

Thank you for looking!

Very nice shots but a bit too much blue for my liking I'm afraid. Maybe a B&W rendition would be good.

Very nice shots but a bit too much blue for my liking I'm afraid. Maybe a B&W rendition would be good.

Thank you for commenting. I rarely think about B&W to be honest and it's something I must do more often!

I'm no expert, but the potential is there for a really cool shot. Like Giblets, just a bit too much blue for me...

Thank you all for the feedback! I need to focus more on my composition in general I think because some times I just get lost in the sky!

Daniel, out of interest is that down near Aldwick? Looks like Selsey Bill in the background.

Daniel, out of interest is that down near Aldwick? Looks like Selsey Bill in the background.

It's right down opposite the West Park field on Marine Drive!

Are the footprints there on purpose as to me they spoil it. I would have also tried to take the shot from the rocks over on the left nearer the breakwater to see what it was like.
You should tone the blue down a bit. You can try B&W but you will lose the nice colours of the sun behind the clouds which gives the pleasure in this photo.

Pete

I do like all, quite nice, though I would turn down the saturation on the blue on the bottom half of the photo as it looks like it has a blue cast all over from the PP

Back