Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers - The Dublin Derby

Name
Seba
Edit My Images
Yes
Last night saw this season's third Dublin derby between Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers. Big money spenders Rovers had been leading the league for much of the season (Feb-Nov season) but recently have lost momentum. Bohs too have come unstuck recently, despite an unusually strong start.

Bohs have nowhere near the money that Rovers have, their average age recently in a match was something like 23, so that shows that they rely on players coming through their youth set up and partner club St Kevin's Boys.

With Bohs winning the first two derbies this year, Rover were out for revenge, and started a strong team, which looked on paper enough, with Bohs having 6 first teamers out too.

Bohs started strong being awarded a penalty, which was saved, only to be awarded another shortly after which was converted. At the start of the second half Rover replied, and then Bohs' Danny Mandroiu popped up with an absolute screamer to put Dublin's famous red and black ahead, and ultimately seal victory!

Link to goal - View: https://BANNED/eirSport/status/1139630301045506048

1728718.jpg

1728739.jpg

1728753.jpg

Last Friday saw the last Dublin Derby of the year as Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers met in the semi-final of the FAI Cup.

Usually I might right a bit about the game... Bohs were awful, Rovers scored 2. I only got one down my end. I don't like Rovers.

1804278.jpg

1804299.jpg

1804434.jpg

Back