Bonaly Woods

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just up the road from me :) Nice shots

It is funny you should say that as that is exactly what I thought when I got home. I spent an age fiddling about with compositions and getting up and down slimy banks. The mist was denser on higher ground so I thought I had plenty time but it was starting to lift when I went up into the wood. It is a fairly small area and I have no local knowledge so I got what I could. My favourite, which has grown on me since I printed it only features trees(see below). I only shot 3 frames with solely tress so missed out.. Only the second time I've been lucky enough to shoot in a misty wood so pleased enough and lessons learnt

Bonaly Woods by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Great series of pictures, last for me.
Personally I'd have left the water out of all of these in search of just purely woodland shots in those misty moody conditions. Not a crit, we all see and do things differently

Last edited:
The first 4 are lovely well seen and some great greens

The last shot needs some tweeks IMO as its a bit grey I would prefer it brighter but be careful not to add contrast

The first 4 are lovely well seen and some great greens

The last shot needs some tweeks IMO as its a bit grey I would prefer it brighter but be careful not to add contrast
The shot is a fair representation of the time it was taken which was just before the sun set. I'll have a look at brightening though, thanks

Back