Bonus £1k From Rishi for retaining an employee till Jan

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of an odd one this, basically if you keep one of your employees after you have furloughed them till Jan you can ask for £1k bung from Rishi?

Bit of an odd one this, basically if you keep one of your employees after you have furloughed them till Jan you can ask for £1k bung from Rishi?

...and then say so long in February and keep the grand? as if there are any unscrupulous employers out there who would even contemplate such a move.

...and then say so long in February and keep the grand? as if there are any unscrupulous employers out there who would even contemplate such a move.

But they still have to pay them from October, so to do that would cost the employer far more!

It's just spreading out the unemployment figures so that some of the unemployment is recorded next year and not this year. Middle income earners pay around £500 per month in tax so over 4 months the government still benefits.

But they still have to pay them from October, so to do that would cost the employer far more!

Which means we're just handing companies extra profit for no reason as they'll only bring them back to work if it's viable for them to do it anyway..

This has screwed over so many people. If a company had furloughed half it's workforce but kept the other half on, if they now need to make people redundant due to workload they're going to let the ones who worked through the lockdown off instead of the ones they were funded to retain to keep the 1k.

Those who thought they were safe in their job and "needed" are now the first in line for the chopping board.

It's just spreading out the unemployment figures so that some of the unemployment is recorded next year and not this year. Middle income earners pay around £500 per month in tax so over 4 months the government still benefits.

most people on furlough still are low income earners so I don't see this as true realy.

Which means we're just handing companies extra profit for no reason as they'll only bring them back to work if it's viable for them to do it anyway..

yes prettty much my thoughts, lime me i have furloughed myself from march and will do probably for july and august then i will stop and claim my £1k in feb

Back