BoP In flight - captive

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Not been in here for ages, so can only assume you are all behaving yourselves! :wacky: :D

Anyway, as some of you will know, at the TP megameet last week, @Cobra brought 2 of his working birds along for us all to point a camera at, so thought I would share a few of the photos I took as I wont be entering in the best photo comps.

This is Donut, a Gyr x Saker and she is being shot at by a D750 with a Nikon 70-200 lens bolted on. I know the jess and transmitter could be cloned out several of these but chose not to, simply because they are part of the whole thing of shooting captive birds. The transmitter also came in useful :whistle:

C&C welcome - all have had some cropping but originals are pin sharp, whatever flickr is doing to them. I deleted the 200 blurry ones :LOL:

TP-MegaMeet-2015012 by Yvonne White, on Flickr

2 - this is my personal fav, as she looked back towards Chris
TP-MegaMeet-2015015 by Yvonne White, on Flickr

TP-MegaMeet-2015016 by Yvonne White, on Flickr

TP-MegaMeet-2015017 by Yvonne White, on Flickr

TP-MegaMeet-2015018 by Yvonne White, on Flickr

TP-MegaMeet-2015019 by Yvonne White, on Flickr

TP-MegaMeet-2015020 by Yvonne White, on Flickr

Good set.

I think 2 is also my favourite for the reason you've already stated.

That said I also like 4 because of the background, low bird position and feather detail.

Thanks Phil and yes, I like 4 too. Almost all these are from her last couple of flight circles when she was low and in better range for such a relatively short lens. I was also quite pleased to get some motion blur on wing tips, have tried this before and failed dismally, either freezing them completely or getting everything blurry. I know it isn't to everyones taste, but was what I wanted in an ideal word.

Not too bad, for a northern lass darn sarf.

Lovely set Yv I just love birds of prey shots captive or not :)

great set.

The transmitter also came in useful :whistle:
She got bored with the whole demo thing and prefers to chase sea / land gulls around. :D

Nice set Yvonne (y)

I deleted the 200 blurry ones :LOL:

You wedding photographers have it easy, welcome to our world....................:D

not keen on the first

the others are good especially if you clone out those stringy leather things ……… presumably you do not wish to do this

those stringy leather things
Jesse's is the word you are looking for ;) (img, #2 & #6 )
The black and white "thing" is the Tx ( transmitter aerial)

Oh now, how is this for embarrassing...totally forgot I had started this thread :(

Sorry guys and HUGE thanks for all the comments.

@fracster yeah even us wedding togs have our moments :p :LOL:

@BillN_33 as I said in opening post Bill, part and parcel of captive bird. Maybe if I was printing to stick on a wall, but as is, the jesses and transmitter can stay ;)

:plus1: for leaving jesses and other falconry furniture on captive birds.

Well done on catching the bird in flight and sharp - gods have no idea how many OOF, clipped wings/feet/heads, blurred etc. examples of falcons I have (or had!) but I reckon they outnumber the keepers by hundreds to one! The exceptions being the flock(?s) of Eleanora's falcons that appear every evening around the hotel we stay in near Chania but they're all silhouettes since they show up at around sunset! (About 20 individuals, like watching oversized swallows!)

The exceptions being the flock(?s) of Eleanora's falcons
Ah yes Eleonora's falcon, similar to our hobby and the American night hawk, diving for dragon flies and the like (y)
And in this instance a flock would be correct :)

Back