Bored at home

shrimperblue

Suspended / Banned
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
:shrug:

Hope you like it. Just thought i'd practice :) (updated with other photos)
bottle2.jpg

bottleGRAPES.jpg

bottleFLOWER.jpg

4. I used a torch through a tissue to create the light on this shot.
bottleONLY.jpg

C&C always welcome.

SB

Nice idea SB ... (y) ... and good basic composition ... ;)

But I am not sure it needs the flower imhgo ... :cautious: ... and either the white balance is off ... :thinking: ... or you intended it to be orangey ... :shrug:

:p

Thanks Venomator,

It was taken under Candle Light and it was my intention to have the glow of orange to make it natural.

You see when me and the mrs went to centre parcs we had a nice villa in the middle of the forest with log fire and all that, and this is kind of my memory of the champagne and warmth :)

About the flower... it actually looked quite bare with out it so I left it in for something different but I struggled to capture the pale pink colour of it.

SB

It was taken under Candle Light and it was my intention to have the glow of orange to make it natural.

You see when me and the mrs went to centre parcs we had a nice villa in the middle of the forest with log fire and all that, and this is kind of my memory of the champagne and warmth :)

About the flower... it actually looked quite bare with out it so I left it in for something different but I struggled to capture the pale pink colour of it.SB

And a lovely memory it makes too ... ;)

You probably would struggle with the pink of the flower coming through properly under candle light ... :D ... but personally I still think it may have been much better without it imhgo ... :shrug:

:p

I have got some exposures without it. When I get home tonight I will post them up so we can see the difference. I do see your point. I thought maybe put a cork behind the grapes to fill the gap.:thinking:

Mattyh - Again, I have exposures of just the bottle, just the flower, just the grapes etc, ill post them later and we can see. It was a good practice run.

I literally had....My tripod, a candle, the champagne bottle, some grapes, a carnation, and my dining table.... Im really enjoying DOF now I understand it!!

Back