Boring Light Trails

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if these are transport or just general. I tried light trails when I first got the camera as most people do but never put too much thought in to it. Got bored last week and revisited the theme, came back with this which I didn't mind. Its near Heathrow so the lines in the sky are the planes backed up ready for landing. C&C more than welcome
lanes.jpg

thanks
Steve

personaly i love this kind of photography and m trying to get round to doing some my self lol i really like it, its very sharp and bright and clear i think it is a prime example =]

Actually, that does deserve a very positive comment. I, too, like it. I thought it's neat the way you lined up the lamp posts dead on in the middle thus giving the whole picture a two-way split. I also like that dark blue sky rather than a jet black one.
No, I don't think it's boring, I'd much rather think of it a great variation on a popular theme. Good work.

AAA! this is wondeful! something like this i have near my house. and you know i tested my digicams there, also photographed that my place - standing on the bridge, cars passing by..
the theme is popular, but i must admit your picture is better than mine))

Even if it is something that many people do when they first get their camera - I don't think that makes these kinds of shots any less fun to look at. From such a relatively simple shot, the end image is great.

me likes.

Great capture the only negative for me is the line straight up the middle of the shot, I yhink its the lampost ...

Without wanting to start a fight, IMO that adds to the shot. It divides the two colours. I am not saying your wrong (as there is no right and wrong about photography)

Great shot mate - not the most technically demanding perhaps but a brilliant effect superbly produced (y)

wow, thanks for the response everyone (y) I can see the lamposts in the middle are a distraction but there really was nothing I could do. I put it straight in the middle so it covered the rest so they didnt impose a great deal. As for settings it was f13 for 20seconds ISO 100 @20mm I shifted the white balance to flourescent +2. Shooting half hour after sunset gave me the nice blue sky. Again, thanks for the +ve's (y)

Very nice shot, the one thing that bugs me though is that the lamp posts are in line with each other, they are only just out, but its enough to catch my eye.

Great colours and composition though.

Back