Borrowdale Mill

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A quick visit to the now ever so popular Borrowdale Mill. The trees and rocks surrounding the area are all covered in the amazing moss, but wanted something different to the usual take with the small waterfall as foreground looking upstream to the mill....the tree was perfect for it...
Borrowdale Mill by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Lovely. I'd probably have it slightly darker, but that's subjective Bud. (y)

Cool lead in, nice diagonal, triangles, make it a lovely image as is.

nice...love a bit of mossy action, almost as much as frosty moss action
Thank you, frost would have been the icing on the cake, or moss as it were :D

Excellent, I wouldn't change a thing.
Thank you :)

Lovely. I'd probably have it slightly darker, but that's subjective Bud. (y)

Cool lead in, nice diagonal, triangles, make it a lovely image as is.
Cheers mate. Initially I did go a bit darker with it, but felt it lacked "something" when it was darker, so went the other way from my usual :)

Nice one!

I've also looked at it flipped with the branch leading in from the bottom left hand corner, and the stream flowing out to the bottom right hand corner. My brain finds that easier to read for some reason, maybe because I'm programmed to read left to right :eek:

That's really nice Martin. Only crit I'd offer would have been to reduce the vignette a little.
Thanks Toni, I played about a bit with the vignette, and there's also a radial filter that I set off centre, lightening along the branch to the mill too, which makes the vignette look even stronger...I didn't want the white of the water bottom left, or the vibrancey of the green moss in the bottom right corner to be too eye catching, so settled on how I done it.

Nice one!

I've also looked at it flipped with the branch leading in from the bottom left hand corner, and the stream flowing out to the bottom right hand corner. My brain finds that easier to read for some reason, maybe because I'm programmed to read left to right :eek:
Thank you. The way I see it, and seen it, was that the stream leads from left to centre, branch right to centre, both to the mill that's a overall point of the image. Granted the stream can lead you right through if you go beyond the branch, but then that's the depth in the image. :)

2 Thumbs up..interesting to hear the crit... ????
Thanks for the post...shoot on !!!

Back