Bosham

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
A view of Bosham in West Sussex taken across the creek at low tide. (Nikon D800 + 70-200G 2.8 hand held)
Bosham is featured in the Bayeaux Tapestry with King Harold II portrayed praying in the Church before setting sail on his very fateful visit to Normandy in 1064 - and some believe he was brought here from the Battle of Hastings and buried in the Churchyard.
It is also here in Bosham that King Canute (Cnut the Great) is believed to have 'commanded the tide to turn' and that his 8 year old daughter drowned in the millstream that runs by the Church and is buried below the Chancel steps.
Bosham at low tide by Graeme Hutson, on Flickr

Nice shot of an interesting town, I like the colours and it brings back some memories for me.
I was there at a different time of day though.
Bosham.jpg.

I have been back up home since 2001, but lived in West Sussex for perhaps 18 years (and still never taught those southerners to speak pure Geordie). Bosham in the early morning before the grockles sorry tourists, emerge from their burrows and mess the place up was a photographers paradise. This looks like early morning too but I have some taken on slide film where the colours are very muted with early autumnal mist, and make the place very inviting.

Back