Bottom photo banding.

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
I've uploaded some photo's and i've noticed some banding on the bottoms of some, but it isn't there when viewing the picture in a viewing editor.
Any idea what it could be, ghost cropping or is it anything to worry about ?

Could we see an example image please and a link to where its uploaded ?
Most likely its because a lot of websites compress the hell out of an image and put it on a low res format.
Worth asking, are you processing it as a 16 bit image ? or an 8 ?

I've uploaded some photo's and i've noticed some banding on the bottoms of some, but it isn't there when viewing the picture in a viewing editor.
Any idea what it could be, ghost cropping or is it anything to worry about ?

@Daniel_Wretham is right, you need to show an example to make it easier for us to help you out.

All I can think of is, maybe something interfered with the uploading, like instead of waiting for the website to complete the uploading, you went and click on this and that links, refreshed the page, clicked on back button or whatever?

In the old days, when we had dial-up internet, slow downloading, and all that. Sometimes when someone liked a picture, they would right-click on it, click on Save, before it could complete its downloading, or they would just click on another link and go to another page, before the picture was fully finished downloading. Once you go to your folder to view the image, you would find some kind of banding at the bottom, because it is missing the data needed to complete the download.

I would assume maybe it could happen the same way when uploading?

Back