Critique Bournemouth Airshow

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all I have not posted on here for a while as i have been very busy with work, and other photography stuff. I have to say all is going well in my life and I have now got some holiday time from work, so its time to catch up on lots of fun things.

I was lucky enough to go to the Bournemouth airshow on Sunday, even though I had mixed emotions after what happened at Shoreham airshow. My journey down to Bournemouth from Cirencester was very interesting, I think i witnessed nearly every type of weather system known. At one stage I was not sure I would be taking any photos at all, I arrived at the show around 1pm. It was my very first to the show and I was lucky that after a small dribble of rain, the weather held of for me and my friend. I am not a expert in this field of photography but i thought i would post up a few images to see what people think.

1. Sally B

Sally B by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

2. Red Arrows

Red arrows by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

3. Lone Arrow

Red 1 by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

4. Near miss

Red 2 by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

I am no expert as i am learning myself, i like no 4 my only criticism would be on number 1 to have a slower shutter speed as yours is very fast at 1/2500 which is freezing the propelers rather than them being blurred, i have some shots in this section of propped planes an my shutter was at 1/100. But as i say im no expert.

I really like number 4 and number 2. I was also there on Sunday but unfortunately didn't have my cameras as was on a stag do.

I really like number 4, I like the way you captured the lower jet before it hit the red stream of the top one, also number 3 is great, I would suggest trying to increase the blue saturation slightly to bring out the sky a tad more in #3.

Nice frames! See if you could tweak the black and white points definition… this will
bring out the details hidden in the micro contrast, improve the dynamic of the tonal
range and pop up the saturation.

Great set of images there ......

I really like number 4, I like the way you captured the lower jet before it hit the red stream of the top one, also number 3 is great, I would suggest trying to increase the blue saturation slightly to bring out the sky a tad more in #3.

Nice frames! See if you could tweak the black and white points definition… this will
bring out the details hidden in the micro contrast, improve the dynamic of the tonal
range and pop up the saturation.

Great set of images there ......

Thanks all for the comments and for stopping by.

Back