Bourton on the Water

Edit My Images
No
DSC_9309.jpg DSC_9362.jpg Every Summer bank holiday Monday the local Bourton Rovers FC split into two teams and play a 30 minute match in the river...
The sun was hot; the river; freezing!

My first experience with sports so go easy but I quite like them and enjoyed the day.
Thanks guys

Attachments

• DSC_9336.jpg
    DSC_9336.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_9349.jpg
    DSC_9349.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Better to post a selection of images on here than ask members to just go to another source for commenting :)

A hard one to get good shots of. You might have been better on a bridge across the water rather than on the side. It did remind me of the Leicester City v Swansea match the other saturday, played on a pitch with almost as much water on it!

Top one has a good draw with the shouty young man, the second one doesn't really have much, the exposure is off on the far bank and I can see the player is tiny to wet the crowd, but it took me a couple of mins to realise what was going on.

As Photodiva said or time to get your feet wet and get amongst them.

First one, subject should be the boy on the bank, but he's out of focus as you've focussed on the player. The processing seems dark also.
Second one I'd have picked a different location as you've bright sunlight on the opposite bank so everythings blown, shadows on the near bank so the subjects are dark, Again the player is focussed on rather than the crowds reaction.

Good idea for a subject.

Not sure what sport this was from the pictures (football?), but it looks like an interesting event. I'm guessing the bridges crossing would have been rammed, and not safe standing there.

The first one for me but feels a little dark in the conversion. Maybe as its a shouty and splashy one possibly go gritty with some medium level tonal contrast then a B&W conversion on that IMHO

Back