Bow Fiddle Rock

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Bow Fiddle Rock on a hazy, bright, red hot flat calm Easter Sunday. All conditions I hate when taking photos, but it worked for this one, the invisible horizon makes the shot for me...

Bow Fiddle Rock by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Invisible horizon makes it but also so do the clouds and blue sky. Lovely light and image. Easily one of my favourites of yours and from this spot.

I lost the will doing long exposures here with the blurred birds

Cheers mate. Aye I have a few bird trails in other images, but surprised I got away with this one. You know how much I dislike shooting in 'good weather' but I totally enjoyed just being out and about in it! Less of the calm waters and blue stuff wanted for next months Outers trip though!

Cheers mate. Aye I have a few bird trails in other images, but surprised I got away with this one. You know how much I dislike shooting in 'good weather' but I totally enjoyed just being out and about in it! Less of the calm waters and blue stuff wanted for next months Outers trip though!

It’s good being out when it’s nice. I meant more on the rock - I’m a pixel peeper and you can make out on the big cameras blurred heads and tails. It drove me nuts when I was last here. And only a few had still non blurred birds on the rock

It looks great though - honestly and you can make a mint black and white with conditions like that also - one for when you’re bored with the good summer that better be bloody coming.

one of the best shots i have seen of the bow fiddle
Thank you :)

Excellent; agree with Steve that the non-horizon is critical to its success. Should it now be renamed Elephant Rock or is that just me?
Thank you John. There's been a few elephant comments over on Facebook, so maybe so :D

Back