Boxing Day Hunt Meet

great set like them all but 5 and 6 stand out to me, love to see the hounds at work, and the last one is a great image of the horse at speed

Cracking set I really like#5

Many Thanks for your comments.

Yes I think no 5 my favourite although I am pleased with no2 as the horse only has one foot on the ground.

The side saddle lady had a little girl riding side saddle as well (her daughter I presume) but she disapeared so will be after her next time as I would like to get some shots of the little one.

very nice clear set, well done. I have mixed thoughts about hunting, i used to take the shotgun out quite a lot when i was younger, i always loved the hunt and the patience it takes, its just a shame some poor creature has to die at the end of it and thats the reason I stopped.

Dont get me wrong if i was going to eat what i shot id have no problems doing it again but thats what tesco is for :LOL:.

Thanks for your comments Chris and Andy
I used to ride to hounds but I must admit that now I am secretly pleased when the fox gets away.
A healthy fox can outrun a pack of hounds, so perhaps it is survival of the fittest.

I follow quite a bit during the season mainly as it allows me over land and places not open for public access. I was quite lazy yesterday though didnt go running across the fields for a better shot.

Nice set of shots Les, looks like you had good VPs with them all, I never been to watch a hunt before, I didnt realize we had one round our way until today :bang:

Last edited:
#5 is definitely my favourite :)
The effect in #1 is interesting - selective HDR - it works, although personally I'd make the HDR on the horses a little less intense, it looks a bit like you photoshopped them in, hehe :)

Nice set of shots Les, looks like you had good VPs with them all, :bang:

Well I did stand out in front of them but they know I will move out of their path.

The effect in #1 is interesting - selective HDR - it works, although personally I'd make the HDR on the horses a little less intense, it looks a bit like you photoshopped them in, hehe

It wasnt HDR I just enchanced them perhaps as you say a little too much. Im new to the editing bit so think I will leave well alone in future Lol.

Many thanks for everyones comments .

I'll tell Jackie that you want her horse Hayley

Last edited:
Back