Boxing

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Up the iso and up the shutter speed... remember.. you can save a noisy pic you cant save a blurred pic... but saying that.. boxing pics look betetr with noise....

As for this set.. your too far away from the ring.. we shouldnt be seeing ropes between you and subject.. ..someone will be along to tell you how great they are soon.. but meanwhille yeagh.. get ringside for decent pics :)

First of all, full disclosure. I’ve never shot a boxing match or anything like that, so my critique/advise comes from purely a punters view with an interest in photography.

As stated, you really do need to get ringside and almost be shooting up from the canvas, this avoids the ropes but…..and I might be talking absolute balls here….but I always feel that a photo from ringside at canvas level almost gives the fighters a more impressive look, almost gladiatorial at times.

While I agree with with Kipax in upping the ISO to freeze the action, the issue normally associated with noise is not really a major concern here especially when converted to B&W, it actually adds to the image, there is also something to be said to trying to capture a bit of motion from the thrown punches.

I would love to give this a try, but there’s not many events which take place up here which gives me the chance, have to keep an eye out for an opportunity.

Agree with what Mackie says, also a closer zoom/crop to tighten the action and really feel the hits on the faces.

Back