Boy on a bench

Very nice Ian, simple and straight to the point.(y)

George.

That's a real treasure there Ian !
I'm not sure it would work in a portrait format, but maybe a square crop would remove some of the expanse of extra space.
Still say it's a real keeper.

That's a real treasure there Ian !
I'm not sure it would work in a portrait format, but maybe a square crop would remove some of the expanse of extra space.
Still say it's a real keeper.

Thanks RM, I might try a square crop, maybe with him over to the right a bit. Though, I think the empty space emphasises how little he is at the moment, and I quite like the local landmark in the background. Not sure, but it's something to think about. I don't think I've ever done a square crop.

Thanks RM, I might try a square crop, maybe with him over to the right a bit. Though, I think the empty space emphasises how little he is at the moment, and I quite like the local landmark in the background. Not sure, but it's something to think about. I don't think I've ever done a square crop.

I agree the empty space works in favour of the photo, he almost looks a little lost :)

Yep first image is better great model lovely soft light.

Gaz

I agree the empty space works in favour of the photo, he almost looks a little lost :)

Thank you Toothie.

Nice one Ian :) He looks quite contemplative!

Thanks Graham, he does. He often looks like this, I think he's planning how to wreck the house when we get home...

Yep first image is better great model lovely soft light.

Gaz

Thank you Gaz, I think I agree with you.

Lovely. Somewhere between the two cropwise, for me. I think this may be one of those occasions where positioning his eyes on a thirds intersection would do wonders, and I'm not a big fan of the rule of thirds.

Thank you Simon, this is about as close as i can get it...

IMG_6706v3c2 by Ian J Bradshaw, on Flickr

I still prefer the original "crop", due to previously mentioned reasons and the fact it's not RoT.

Last edited:
Back