Boys will be boys!

Great set Russ (y)

Great set of Pics - thanks for sharing , bit limited here on the Isle of Wight so looking forward to trips to the North Island and will definitely add this to my wish list for visits !

Great set Russ (y)

How did you find it with the new booking in system and regarding social distancing ect?

Our daughter's wanting to book 6 of us in for sometime around the middle of May, ages range from a 1yr old to 90 (mobility scooter).......no I'm not the 90 yr old ;)

Great set of Pics - thanks for sharing , bit limited here on the Isle of Wight so looking forward to trips to the North Island and will definitely add this to my wish list for visits !
- many thanks, Steve - well worth a visit if you ever venture this far north!! ;)

Russ

Great set Russ (y)

How did you find it with the new booking in system and regarding social distancing ect?

Our daughter's wanting to book 6 of us in for sometime around the middle of May, ages range from a 1yr old to 90 (mobility scooter).......no I'm not the 90 yr old ;)
- cheers, Phil :)
- I assume you've visited YWP before, using the original vehicle entrance? Well, now there is a new vehicle entrance a mile away - see their website.

They have some great new animals - most of which are situated near the new entrance, so there is quite a walk now from the new car park to the old favourite animals (Polars; Lions; Wild Dogs etc. etc). It's not a problem of course if members of your party are fit to walk the longer distances involved. There's plenty of seating / eating / drinking locations so I'm not trying to put you off at all - just be aware that YWP is a lot bigger (and better) now than previously.

I visited yesterday and found that social distancing was generally OK, except at some of the pinch points where 2-way pedestrian traffic tried to negotiate some of the best animal viewpoints.

I'm very local to YWP, and an Annual Pass holder, so I can walk there and still gain access on foot using the original entrance on Brockholes Lane. So that's a real bonus for people in a similar position.

I can't comment on the new booking system, but as an Annual Pass holder I had no problem and I can't see that you guys would have a problem either.

When you go give me a shout and I may pop over to say hello if you would like

Russ

Lovely set Russ- I didnt realise Yorkshire had become so cold as to have it's own Polar Bear population? :)

Les

Lovely set Russ- I didnt realise Yorkshire had become so cold as to have it's own Polar Bear population? :)

Les
- cheers Les :)
- your move south has affected your memory, mate - surely you remember ice on inside your bedroom window when you were a lad up here? :p

Russ

Love them all Russ, especially the paws in the water
Thank you thank you thank you for making this a great day, I got the elusive birds too ;)

Love them all Russ, especially the paws in the water
Thank you thank you thank you for making this a great day, I got the elusive birds too ;)
- many thanks Ingrid for your comments, this bunch of boys are so playful! :)
- I was pleased to read you finally got the Cuckoo after all that planning!

Russ

- many thanks Ingrid for your comments, this bunch of boys are so playful! :)
- I was pleased to read you finally got the Cuckoo after all that planning!

Russ

They are all quite young aren't they ?
Really must try and get up there sometime this year if we are allowed

Here is Hamish 3 years ago with his Mum, Victoria
Good to see that he has settled and made new friends

Victoria and Cub by Mike Stephen, on Flickr
Hi Mike, he's settled in very well down here - he seems as mischievous as the other 3 males we have at YWP. I only wish we had a female to enliven things further for the future!

Russ

- cheers, Phil :)
- I assume you've visited YWP before, using the original vehicle entrance? Well, now there is a new vehicle entrance a mile away - see their website.

They have some great new animals - most of which are situated near the new entrance, so there is quite a walk now from the new car park to the old favourite animals (Polars; Lions; Wild Dogs etc. etc). It's not a problem of course if members of your party are fit to walk the longer distances involved. There's plenty of seating / eating / drinking locations so I'm not trying to put you off at all - just be aware that YWP is a lot bigger (and better) now than previously.

I visited yesterday and found that social distancing was generally OK, except at some of the pinch points where 2-way pedestrian traffic tried to negotiate some of the best animal viewpoints.

I'm very local to YWP, and an Annual Pass holder, so I can walk there and still gain access on foot using the original entrance on Brockholes Lane. So that's a real bonus for people in a similar position.

I can't comment on the new booking system, but as an Annual Pass holder I had no problem and I can't see that you guys would have a problem either.

When you go give me a shout and I may pop over to say hello if you would like

Russ

Thanks for the info Russ, we have been before but its probably about 3 years ago. There was quite a bit of work in progress going on so I presume all that's been completed now.

The wife did mention she'd read something about a new entrance and car park, I'll have a look on the web site.

And yes, that would be great to meet up, when I get to know a date and time I'll let you know, cheers

Back