Brands Hatch Masters 2017

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
I've not shot at Brands much, so aside from the Druids/Paddock Hill shots, it was a bit of an adventure.
The Masters is a great weekend, with a good range of grids and a really good turnout on Sunday. It was blisteringly hot though, which made stomping about the circuit a bit of a workout!

1) Cloudy
Brands Hatch Masters by Matty, on Flickr

2) Shadowy

3) Speedy

4) DFV'ey

5) Busy

6) Reflectey

7) Vertically

8) Splashy

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

#1 and 4 are my picks, Matty!

Good to see your take on Brands Hatch Matty, some real gems there. Need to take some inspiration from this for next time I go.

#1 and 4 are my picks, Matty!

Thanks Kodiak, the event was celebrating 50 years of the Cosworth DFV engine, so it only felt right to include a shot!

Been waiting to see these Matty and not disappointed like em all mate (y) I popped in Sunday after an Endurance event at CH managed to catch the F1 race and some three wheel action then left just as the rain came

Thanks very much Gary, it was a good weekend. You timed your departure well, it threw it down!! I had to take refuge in the tunnel under the pit straight before the last sportscar race, but at least it threw up some slightly different conditions to shoot in. Glad you like the set mate!

Some very interesting panning there Matty, nice mix too :)

Thanks, trying to play about a bit with the panning side of things, hope it works for you dude!

Vertical Panning like a boss - that is technical mastery right there!!!!!! The others look great but really they pale in significance to that epicness :D

Haha, I don't know about that mate. The F1 was very hard to track, I got down to about 1/25 at 400mm with acceptable sharpness on the F1 cars but managed a 1/20 at 400mm with this one, which I am quite happy with. There don't seem to be many places to exploit the vert pan so well, but I'm definitely gonna try and work on it some more! Thanks for the kind words mate

Good to see your take on Brands Hatch Matty, some real gems there. Need to take some inspiration from this for next time I go.

Thanks Neil, it's not a circuit I have shot much, so I went with a fairly blank canvas in terms of ideas and compositions, aside from the obvious shots that you come across. The full set is on my flickr if you wanna take a look through sometime. Thanks again!

#2 is great! A really atmospheric shot - great timing! I bet this was frustrating to nail! #5 is a corker too!

#2 is great! A really atmospheric shot - great timing! I bet this was frustrating to nail! #5 is a corker too!

Thanks dude, I timed #2 for the pit window in one of the races, so it minimised the hanging around. I quite like 5 too, mainly for the curve of paddock hill bend still being distinguishable through the mayhem. Thanks for taking the time to comment dude, appreciated

#7 is awesome!

Thanks very much dude - it's not the easiest shot to nail with a 400mm haha

Absolutely top top quality again. Every one of these is class, but 5 is ridiculous.

Awesome work.

Haha, I got a LOT of funny looks making #5, I guess people in the crowd were like "shouldn't that guy with the media vest be somewhere a little closer to the track, rather than taking photos of a picnic"
Thanks again dude, glad they work for you, looking forward to the next event already.

Back