Braunston Church, Dec 26th 2011

Edit My Images
Yes
Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Mostly trying to decide if the overall effect is good enough to make it worth cloning out the chain fence in the foreground. Or if cloning it out is even desirable.

IMGP0655-850-3.jpg

Last edited:
It's a fantastic church that I've taken photo's at a couple of times, personally I don't think that you've captured its best angle..

If your local you should also take a trip to the church at Wolfhampcote :D

This is my favourite angle on Braunston church HERE

If you've shot in raw I would consider trying to correct the white balance (y)

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

This is my favourite angle on Braunston church HERE
Ah yes, I took a couple from that angle the following morning, but the light was rubbish. Flat grey cloud, horrible. Even so, I didn't include as much of the trees on the right as you did, maybe I should have.
If you've shot in raw I would consider trying to correct the white balance (y)
Yes, I have the RAW - how should I correct the WB? That orange is pretty much as it looked as illuminated by the floodlights.
Welcome to the forum :wave:
Thanks (y)

Ah yes, I took a couple from that angle the following morning, but the light was rubbish. Flat grey cloud, horrible. Even so, I didn't include as much of the trees on the right as you did, maybe I should have.

Yes, I have the RAW - how should I correct the WB? That orange is pretty much as it looked as illuminated by the floodlights.

Thanks (y)

I appreciate that's how it looks at night thanks to the horrid sodium lighting that is on the church I see it every other weekend and used to see it every weekend but if you change the WB to around 2200-2500k that should give it much more natural look (y)

Matt

... but if you change the WB to around 2200-2500k that should give it much more natural look (y)
IMGP0655-WB2350.jpg

WB now 2350.

What do you think? It's certainly different, not sure what to make of it yet, I'm so used to looking at the orange version.

It makes it look a lot more realistic now you have a bit of blue sky, green grass and stone coloured stone :D
Mmm... not sure. My memory is that the church looked more orange than this, and the sky in the distance wasn't blue sky - it was cloudy and the light reflecting off the clouds was quite yellow, presumably from a town underneath (Daventry's that way, isn't it?).

Agree about the stone colour though.
Are you local to Braunston??
No, the in-laws live there, was visiting on Boxing Day.

I was using the other half as a tripod for that shot - I'll show her the two versions and see which one coincides more with her memory of it and report back :).

Last edited:
Mmm... not sure. My memory is that the church looked more orange than this, and the sky in the distance wasn't blue sky - it was cloudy and the light reflecting off the clouds was quite yellow, presumably from a town underneath (Daventry's that way, isn't it?).

Agree about the stone colour though.

No, the in-laws live there, was visiting on Boxing Day.

Indeed it is Daventry, I have the pleasure of assisting fellow member Thedodo DJ in Daventry every other week :LOL:

I see, the reason why I was asking is I've taken a fair number of photo's in and around braunston and have seen the occasional DSLR user about and wondered if it was you, I sure I'd get some funny looks of the residents after some of the stuff that I've done there :LOL: such as THIS I'm sure that one must have got some funny looks :LOL:

Matt

I see, the reason why I was asking is I've taken a fair number of photo's in and around braunston and have seen the occasional DSLR user about and wondered if it was you
Very unlikely to have been me.
THIS I'm sure that one must have got some funny looks :LOL:
Now I do like that :)

Here's another one of the church I took a few weeks earlier...

IMGP0324-1.jpg

It's a bit rubbish, really - it wouldn't enlarge much more than that without looking awful - I need to have another go sometime.

Last edited:
Very unlikely to have been me.

Now I do like that :)

Here's another one of the church I took a few weeks earlier...

IMGP0324-1.jpg

It's a bit rubbish, really, I need to have another go sometime.

Thank you, that's quite stunning I have a friend that does a lot of A2G stuff (y)

Thank you, that's quite stunning I have a friend that does a lot of A2G stuff (y)

It's horribly unsharp, in reality (a high pass filter and a large reduction in image size can cover quite a few sins). And the canopy reflections were a right PITA that day.

It's horribly unsharp, in reality (a high pass filter and a large reduction in image size can cover quite a few sins). And the canopy reflections were a right PITA that day.

I bet you could still sell framed copies to dozens of the locals though :LOL: you must have flown over the other church that I was one about :D

Back