Breakdown Cover

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Its car insurance and breakdown cover time again.
Shopping around the best quote I can get is from LV including Brittania Breakdown cover.
In the past I have always been with the AA or RAC but their prices now are silly money for what I need.
Does anyone have any experience of Brittania before I push the buy button.I am looking at the recovery and home start options.
Thanks in advance
Chris

I have always been with the AA or RAC but their prices now are silly money for what I need.
Same here I recently switched to green flag, for the "full monty" as the advert says they really do cut your quote in half.
I pay £65 for everything.
Have a look at compare the market for separate car insurance

I have been with Britannia a few times, whenever I did not have the manufacturer's breakdown cover.
It used to be owned by the Civil Service Motoring Assosciation (CSMA) but was sold. It is still very good, they have loads of firms to call on and although I have only called them out 3 times the service was perfect.
I am just about to renew my insurance with them and join Brittania again, although I must disclose that I do get a discount as I belong the the CSMA.

Depends if you're going to need it or not :)

I had green flag years ago and they were so bad when I needed them that I've only ever used AA or rac ever since. Most of the other firms don't have their own repairers so they are all just calling the same local garages who are incentivised to lie about how quickly they can get there.

AA and rac trend to be good value via insurance or a cash back site. Headline prices are high so they can discount them.

I have been with Green Flag .. resonably priced in my opinion and on the few occasions I have need the service have been very good

AA, I get a free renewal every year when the car is serviced by the dealer. Last time I had to use them was around 8yrs ago.

Mine is included with one of my banks, which after doing some checking works out a similar amount to standalone policies but with other benefits. I've typically broken down twice in about 2 years - one relatively serves (accelerator pulley) and the other just a flat batter (needed new) and each time it was good. I suspect if you are a serial breaking down, then a fully featured unlimited policy is good, Is suspect mine is just basic.

Have you tried ringing the AA /RAC and asking if they can do a better price. Its tedious but I have to do this every year with the AA to get the price of renewal down

I use Eversure breakdown.

Had to use it for the first time at the end of Feb. when the car shat itself up on Skye. Brilliant service, car couldn't be repaired on Skye, so recovered home the following day. £42 for the year. Cheaper than the fuel it would have cost to get me home!

Sadly this will be the final year with them due to the age of car, but worth it!

I might be a little late, but maybe you could try a local broker.

I used to be with green flag who I found great but there prices have crept up over the years , then switched to Britannia via LV insurance , now back with RAC via Halifax insurance .

We had to have the car and caravan recovered by Britannia last year after my heart failure ... best comment is less than impressed .. Took them nearly a week to return vehicles and via several different companies ... with little or no regard for there condition

Thanks for everyones input.
I have gone with LV+Brittania so we will see how it goes, hopefully it wont be needed.

Back