Breaker

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Not the shot I wanted this weekend and I'm not 100% sure on this one! Lovely clean waves breaking over the reefs between Challaborough and Bigbury but the only place to photograph them safely was from the cliff tops. I was hoping to shoot from one of the beaches but the waves were only 4-6ft whereas this one was prob 10-14ft.

Breaker by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Gordon Bennett Where were you in this shot. Not surfing up the previous wave.............

Super shot, and the imagination is running wild on the wave in the background..........
Hope the cliff top was high

Neil… of course! :cool:

Gordon Bennett Where were you in this shot. Not surfing up the previous wave.............

Super shot, and the imagination is running wild on the wave in the background..........
Hope the cliff top was high
Haha no not quite Mark, I was on top of a cliff facing into 50-60mph gusting wind! Truth be told I was disappointed I couldn't get eye level with the waves as the beach didn't have the same swell as the reefs below the cliff. Still I'm happy to have got something considering the conditions!

Neil… of course! :cool:
Cheers Daniel

This one made me stop a while - my attention was held - I really like the unusual perspective and the simplicity of a single wave, it works for me.

Chris

I like that, not only the wave but something kept pulling me back into it then I realised my brain was seeing the patterns as a fingerprint on the surface

I like that, not only the wave but something kept pulling me back into it then I realised my brain was seeing the patterns as a fingerprint on the surface

I love that. Great perspective. I reckon in something like LPOTY or OPOTY it would do extremely well.

I know you've put a vignette on. I find it a tad distracting - I'd reduce its reach and strength a bit

Yeah like that Neil (y)

A cracking shot, looks bigger than it was I would say, a lot of power.

Beautiful. Lame comment I know. But hey ho it fits :)

Gaz
Thanks everyone, much appreciated :)

Back