Beginner Brecon Beacons Reflections

I like the complementary presence of that FG, clever! (y)

The central horizon works really well here, which just goes to prove that rules are for guidance and not blind obedience. I think the symmetry really makes the image. Nicely done. :)

Nice work. At first, I found the foreground a little overpowering but it has grown on me, especially when I saw it as part of the symmetery of the image. I'd maybe lift the shadows a little to bring a little more detail out of the forground and trees and bump the contrast a bit but apart from that, it's a very nice image, especially if it is off a point and shoot. Well done.

On a footnote, I recognised those peaks straightaway, I'm South Wales Valleys born and bred, now living in Scotland. I'm struggling though with which body of water that is?

Last edited:
Nice shot
Did you also venture to the edge for a shot with more reflection?
I am only asking to know if you explored the scene.

Lovely foreground symmetry with the dark patch. For me a slight crop of the sky accentuates the symmetry further.

Nice work. At first, I found the foreground a little overpowering but it has grown on me, especially when I saw it as part of the symmetery of the image. I'd maybe lift the shadows a little to bring a little more detail out of the forground and trees and bump the contrast a bit but apart from that, it's a very nice image, especially if it is off a point and shoot. Well done.

On a footnote, I recognised those peaks straightaway, I'm South Wales Valleys born and bred, now living in Scotland. I'm struggling though with which body of water that is?
Thank you. This is the Upper Neuadd reservoir which is sadly empty now. Taken with a Fuji XT1

Nice shot
Did you also venture to the edge for a shot with more reflection?
I am only asking to know if you explored the scene.

I did but the wind picked up and lost the reflection sadly.

Thank you. This is the Upper Neuadd reservoir which is sadly empty now. Taken with a Fuji XT1

Thought it might have been that one, just up beyond the top end of Talybont reservoir. I know the area well. Is the dam still there?

Good choice with the T1, lovely camera. I have aT10 and it was my main landscape camera until I recently purchased a 5Div. I still have my T10 though, love it.

Last edited:
Back