Bridal at Brownlow House

Name
John Maxwell
Edit My Images
No
Recently I had the pleasure of teaming up with Leanne from LilacElan event planners to help demonstrate the potential of Brownlow House in Lurgan. I don’t think anyone expected the shoot that was about to unfold.

The first shoot day arrived and everyone met at Alwood Kitchens in Lurgan to begin the hair and makeup preparations. Shortly after everyone arrived we had our first delivery of wedding dresses from Lorna at The Pinked Edge, shortly followed by a stunning pink wedding dress supplied by Lyndi Lou Bridal.

After the hair and makeup was complete we moved onto Brownlow House to meet up with a selection of players from Lurgan Rugby Club who had offered to play the rolls of groom for the day. The guys has been treated to a hair cut and shave by Simon Freeburn from Simon Does Hair to compliment their suits which were kindly provided by Balmoral Mens Hire for the day.

As we arrived at Brownlow on the first shoot day we were greeted by the sight of two wedding cars supplied by I Do Wedding Cars from Portadown along with a stunning red Ferrari F430 supplied by Supercar Wedding Hire. We were lucky enough to have the use of the cars for the whole day and our thanks go out to Paul and for bringing the cars along.

Soon after everything settled down we had another surprise for the models at Mervyn Shannon from Shannons Jewellers in Lisburn arrived with another member of his staff to provide the models with some sparkle for the shoot.

We were now ready to go and the shooting could begin.

The shooting went brilliantly and in no time at all it was time for us all to have a lunch break. We were very lucky in the fact that Leanne had arranged lunch for us all to be provided by the café at Brownlow.

Now with everyone’s energy fully replenished it was back to finish the shooting.

Again after lunch the time flew and as I seemed to only be getting into the swing of things it was time for us to call it a wrap and begin preparing for the second shoot.

Onto the second shoot the guys once again headed off to meet Simon to have their hair styled and a quick shave as the rest of us met at the LilacElan offices to have the models hair and makeup done.

Thankfully for the second shoot there were only the two model, Danielle and Claire so it didn’t take us that long to get them sorted and once again move onto Brownlow house.

While everyone was preparing for the second shoot to start the silence was broken by the noise of the wedding cars, which included the sunning limited edition Ferrari F430 (again supplied by Supercar Wedding Hire), a beautiful Aston Martin Vantage kindly supplied by Charles Hurst and a exquisite Ferrari LaFerrari (a big thank you to the owner) that seemed to take everyone’s breath away.

Once again we were joined by Mervyn from Shannons Jewellers Lisburn and some of his beautiful Jewellery, only this time it was to compliment two bespoke wedding dresses made specifically for the shoot by the extremely talented Lorna from The Pinked Edge.

We would like to thank everyone involved in the shoot from the smallest to the largest contributors for their time and effort in making the shoot happen, without them none of this would have been possible.

Check the behind the scenes video here:

Final Images...

Looks like a nice venue but the processing is way OTT for me. The models look weird in some of the images. In 18 they could almost pass for a pair of creatures of the night. Sorry if that sounds harsh :(

Last edited:
Looks like a nice venue but the processing is way OTT for me. The models look weird in some of the images. Sorry.

I would agree with this, an example is the face of the model in No 10, seems over smoothed and hence odd.

Nothing to add to the above, except I really hope the processing fits the brief.

Have seen images from this shoot posted in other places, I also know one of the models involved.

Tbh I want to like these but agree with the other comments, it's a good venue, the inclusion of the cars etc is great, the choice of models wasn't bad but the processing is really not good. Perhaps Jmax can update the thread to confirm if there were any issues with the original images that led to such strange a strange processing choice?

If there where no issues with the original images I would go back to the raws and edit these in a way that suits more with a bridal shoot. These are way too processed even allowing for what seems to be the nomal over processing that seems to happen with a lot of local model shoots here.

Regardless I am sure a lot of work has went into putting together the shoot and pulling it of so congrats for being able to pull so many different people together.

Last edited:
Back