Bridges - An open thread

Acton Swing Bridge over the River Weaver

acton_bridge_s.jpg

Dutton Railway Viaduct over River Weaver

virgin_on_viaduct_s.jpg

Sluice at Dutton Locks (can it be called a bridge as it has a walkway across???)

sluice_at_dutton_locks_s.jpg

All with with Pentax K3 and Sigma 18-250.

Howard

"Sluice at Dutton Locks (can it be called a bridge as it has a walkway across???)"

Looks like a bridge to me!

Bom dia! The Ponte da Arrabida, seen from the Viaduto do Cais das Pedras :

DSC06028-c-tp_bearbeitet-1.jpg

And a little closer:

DSC06030-c-tp.jpg

Hi, visited the Nibelungenbrücken again - this time in better weather:

L1016908_DxO-v28-tp.jpg

The views west and east:

L1016922_DxO-v28-tp.jpg

L1016928_DxO-v28-tp.jpg

Grüezi! For pedestrians and motor-vehicles across the Hinterrhein between Zillis and Andeer/Switzerland:

DSC05653-a7r2-2-tp.jpg

The utilitarian and somewhat ugly pedestrian bridge over Topsham Road at the junction with Burnthouse Lane...

Panasonic GX7 8GB 09 P1130502.JPG

The bridge 'up there'

i-xt3rN64-XL.jpg

The bridge 'down there'

i-vVHpR95-XL.jpg

I was in Naples last month and took a trip out to Capri. I'd been there twice before and the aim this time was to visit the Villa Jovis, the ruins of a palace built by the Emperor Tiberius, and the Villa Lysis, built by industrialist and poet Jacques d'Adelswärd-Fersen. It was at the latter that I found an interesting bridge. There are a couple of stone bridge criss crossing paths around the villa, but the one which caught my eye, and it is a good job it did, because there is no obvious indication that it is there, and that you can use it, is a bridge up some steps to the roof of the villa. Here's some not so great pics, but I like that someone went to the trouble to make a nice bridge to make use of the roof. So if you ever visit, don't forget to go up on the roof for some nice views out to the Tyrrhenian Sea.

1556760636854.jpeg

1556760660179.jpeg

1556760680464.jpeg

Last edited:
Back