Bridges - An open thread

i agree with SFTP but how to control this is hard
my edit would be to crop the bottom till the bridges seem to be standing on water only...take out the slanting shoreline bottom right
that is got to be saltash over there??
like the engineering eye you have..people may not know those flimsy bits on the side of the traffic bridge carries double decker buses

cheers
geof

Hi, @ Wayne Els could you make this an open open thread (with others like myself contributing) ?

Thanks for the comments fellas. I must admit my initial thought was to try and clone out the beach, really it needs high tide. I left it as it was because I agree with SFT that it'd be too close. I also did move closer :) as can be seen below. I wasn't going to share this pic, I've just put it up now to explain the comments. The problem then is that being lower and closer just makes the bridges, in particular the road bridge, even taller. As it was it was a 3 shot vertical pano. I also wanted to go for a bit longer exposure and blending them can difficult with the cloud movement. In retrospect I should have used an ND instead of being lazy and stopping down.

Abridged

Thanks for the comments fellas. I must admit my initial thought was to try and clone out the beach, really it needs high tide. I left it as it was because I agree with SFT that it'd be too close. I also did move closer :) as can be seen below. I wasn't going to share this pic, I've just put it up now to explain the comments. The problem then is that being lower and closer just makes the bridges, in particular the road bridge, even taller. As it was it was a 3 shot vertical pano. I also wanted to go for a bit longer exposure and blending them can difficult with the cloud movement. In retrospect I should have used an ND instead of being lazy and stopping down.

Abridged

that pic sets new parameters...
crop to the base of the brunel bridge tower and to its top....it then becomes the subject and the road bridge a foil
little and large...
vertical shots need some handling i think
cheers
geof

By "open" I meant "can I (and others) post pictures in your thread" ?

start the thread again and use bridges as the title...the add the words...open thread...
its not the property of one person then

Can I edit the title of this one or do I have to start another one?

start a new thread "bridges open"...and put your bridge in...how to put the following original comments in
i dont really know...
but you will have two threads open...one yours and one ours...?

start a new thread "bridges open"...and put your bridge in...how to put the following original comments in
i dont really know...
but you will have two threads open...one yours and one ours...?

That's too bleddy complicated. :-D
I've changed this one but if people want to start a new one they can. I'll stick these pics in it. Although I guess it'd have to be urban bridges as opposed to granite clappers on Dartmoor as they'd be landscape bridges. maybe a new bridge thread should be in general? :confused::)

Abridged

Better and room for copy text should you go down the commercial route.

Really happy this thread has been started.
I have dozens of photos of bridges, enough to run a thread of my own.

My first offering is the bridge over the Serpentine in Kensington Gardens, London.
This also forms the boundary between Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and The Serpentine and The Long Water.
The shot was taken from the Kensington Gardens side, so technically the wet bit is The Long Water.

Kensington Gardens by Brian Gibson, on Flickr

Next a slightly different view of Kew Bridge on the Thames taken when I was trying out my new EF 8-15mm Fisheye zoom.
Kew Bridge by Brian Gibson, on Flickr

Back