Bridges - An open thread

Thank you for your friendly comment, Chris! :) This bridge near Bilbao belongs to the World Cultural Heritage and is highly recommended by all guides.
I benefitted from a set of lucky circumstances (subject, weather, no other visitors) ... ---

Near Bischofsheim/Germany:

L1017727_DxO-L3824-c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, in a park in Wuppertal/Germany:

L1017736_DxO-z35b-tp.jpg

Wuppertal under the bridge ... :

L1017738_DxO-z35b-tp.jpg

Hi justpix,

Sorry to hear that you are running out of bridges to show us. Here are 3 Florentine bridges for you. taken about 13 years ago on a trip to Tuscany.

ponte_veccio_1a.jpg

Pentax DL2 and a kit 18-55mm.

Howard

Hi justpix,

Sorry to hear that you are running out of bridges to show us. Here are 3 Florentine bridges for you. taken about 13 years ago on a trip to Tuscany.

View attachment 247917

Pentax DL2 and a kit 18-55mm.

Howard
You had an excellent vantage point to capture the three bridges like that, well done.

Hi justpix,

Howard

Hi, Howard, I am running out of bridge pics taken digitally (since 2003). There are slide bridge pics I scanned, but in my analogue days I took pictures differently ... ---

I am planning to visit Turin this year - because of its bridges, too. To Wuppertal I shall go again, but the bridges in the city across the Wupper are not
very spectactular, the river being quite narrow ...

A pedestrian bridge in Bilbao:

DSC03190-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

Immo

Hi, a new bridge, can be raised (hydraulics on the right) in Mainz:

L1017835_DxO-z50s-8-tp.jpg

Hi, Theodor-Heuss-Brücke in Mainz. - I did not crop it, because cool water is most welcome here. Tomorrow, we shall get almost 40 degrees Celsius ... --- :

L1017865_DxO-z50s-8-tp.jpg

The "repair" of the historical bridge over the Rema Keritis river at Alikarnos, Northern Crete.

bridge repair.jpg

and a wider view showing some of the devastated original, ripped down by a flood earlier this year.

bridge whole.jpg

The river is usually all but dry at this time of year but is about 3m wide and flowing fairly strongly at the moment. The flood ripped a fresh bed around 75m wide and left some houses with smaller gardens than they used to have...

precarious houses.jpg

Passenger eye view of the footbridge outside Lympstone Marine camp in Devon...

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC02828.JPG

Hi,

Manchester Ship Canal from Latchford Locks,

Looking East - Thelwall Viaduct carrying the M6

thelwall_viaduct_s.jpg

and from the other end of the locks looking West

latchford_bridges_s.jpg

look carefully and you can see four bridges.

The nearest one is a disused railway bridge, then there is a swing bridge carrying the A50 and then a high level road bridge with an unspecified road. In the distance there is another swing bridge, this time carrying the A49. All of which are, of course, just south of Warrington.

Howard

Ashness bridge, The Lake district, Cumbria.

i-GDzcTSN-XL.jpg

Hi, a footbridge across a boat docking on the Rhine:

DSC03500-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

Looking under the bridge across the Rhine:

DSC03498-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

Back