Bridges - An open thread

Menai Bridge- Anglesey

LA6Pws9.jpg

Just a simple tourist type Snapograph taken at Nashville Tennessee USA of The John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge that spans the Cumberland River. The bridge is a truss bridge and spans 960 m (3,150 ft) and is one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world.
I've deliberately gone for a slightly higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasise the shapes & textures.

iPhone 7 Plus.
John Seigenthaler Bridge (Nashville)-03491 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Buongiorno! The Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of the Sighs), where the convicts went from the court in the palace to the prison in Bella Venzia ... --- :

tp-bridges-Venezia95-022.jpg

tp-bridges-Venezia95x-021.jpg

The convict's view (not mine, I was a tourist ( ;) ) ... :

tp-bridges-Venezia95x-014.jpg

The infamous Scammonden Bridge over the M62, taken this morning @500mm from 3 1/2 miles away.

Scammonden Bridge 2.jpg

I know that area very well. Visitors to Venezia would be recommended to take a left turn after the church down an alleyway, keep heading in a straight direction until coming to a junction with another alley where there is a restaurant on either side - it's the same business - Osteria Oliva Nera- excellent food. Not cheap but excellent!

I know that area very well. Visitors to Venezia would be recommended to take a left turn after the church down an alleyway, keep heading in a straight direction until coming to a junction with another alley where there is a restaurant on either side - it's the same business - Osteria Oliva Nera- excellent food. Not cheap but excellent!

Hi, I have not been to this one. - Just walking along, building #5 is the Hotel Danieli, at which I had supper. I was quite happy, but one does not go to Venice to save money... ---

A3 in Germany I presume, between Frankfurt and Wurzburg. Driven that route several times....

Done A3 from Wimbledon as far as Petersfield... never remembering seeing that view:cool:

Yes, I should have written Autobahn A3 ... :)

Snap of the old Dee crossing in Chester. Built in Roman times and rebuilt in the 14th century. Tweaked a bit over the years.

Looks as if it could do with some TLC again.

The grungy pool in the foreground was a feeder to the old hydraulics plant on the other side ( of which I have lots of uninteresting snaps ).

Good place with easy access to watch the cormarants spreading their wings, herons and other waterfowl ( but also acres of gulls as you would expect in a tourist trap by water.

DSC_0364.JPG

Back