Brighton

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
So I wanted to share this picture I took last weekend in Brighton - not exactly a unique view, but the detail in the background, the old pier itself as well as the people on the beach suits my eye at least.

Critique most welcome as I suspect unless you have an affinity with the area, it probably looks quite mundane! What could I do differently to make it an standalone image?

The problem is uploading to Flickr and linking the 1024 res image has destroyed all the detail that I like! (see below)

The link below is to the full size image on Flickr, which the forum software looks to do a far better job of resizing! but I'm not sure if it will break browsers etc, so let me know and I'll remove it.

Last edited:
I do like the composition of this, the foreground silhouette works well with the pier and the grey landmass at the rear of shot. For me though the large blown out centre of the shot is distracting. Below is my crop and edit of your shot, I shall remove if requested, it works better for me, but it is a matter of personal taste I suppose. Still a potentially very nice shot.(y)

Yeah - I can see what you did there. I'll have a play on bringing back the centre somewhat.

Back