Bristol Bullets vs. Bath Killer Bees - American Football 4/11/2007

Edit My Images
Yes
Opening week of the UK University Football season. A few things to mention....

You all know I talk about light in my posts. Brilliant autumn sunshine today, kick off 2pm, but I chose to shoot in cloudy WB due to the clouds moving about and I liked the tones offered by the gold outfits on show. Sun was beating in one direction so I only really shot one way due control contrast.

My Mark III performed well, despite being in the 45,000 camera afflicted by the sub-mirror hardware fault and I can see where it cost me shots, chimping my work I was puzzled to see that some AI servo 'money' shots were not cock on focus wise and I can only assume it is the much discussed focus issue. However, I cant say wether or not one of my N's would have yielded similar results. I do think that my 300mm F2.8 needs a service however after all, it has been used non stop in all kinds of weather for a good year now so a tweak may be of use.

Anyway, enjoy these. Comments are as welcome as ever. The two melancholic 'sportraits' are nice given that the Bristol Bullets, defending national champs were beaten 14-9at home by the Bath Killer Bees. A sting in the tail no less....

UN_PT_Bullets_11.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_12.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_08.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_07.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_06.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_05.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_04.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_03.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_02.jpg

UN_PT_Bullets_01.jpg

Bristol Bullets, defending national champs were beaten 14-9at home by the Bath Killer Bees. A sting in the tail no less....

They were obviously cheating

Filthy Bath scum..... :bonk:

was this down on the Bawa grounds?

Excellent shots (y)

Ah ... memories. Generally of Albert Lambert shouting at us.

Nice shots :)

Yes, I did love them. Especially the photo of Albert with his usual happy face on :D

I played for Aztec juniors and seniors, and for the Bullets. Don't play any more, but I enjoyed it when I did.

Please keep the photos coming ... apart from being good for reminiscing (especially buckets of water on coaches heads when winning), they're bloody good photographs!

A nice range of shots their as always pete, I really like your last two potraits :)

More or less just what I would have said :)

Another enjoyable series!

Back