British GT 2020 - Donington Park

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
A few shots from a damp and gloomy Donington Park. After a sunny trip over to Oulton for the previous round, this was quite the contrast.

1) By far the most fun conditions were for warm up

British GT Donington by Matty White, on Flickr

2) And the front perspective

3) Pretty happy with the pop of the Merc badge on this at 1/15

4) Ethereal feel to the F3 cars taking the Craner Curves in the wet

5) Beautiful skies

JHF by Matty White, on Flickr

6) Less beautiful blur

BGT by Matty White, on Flickr

7) And a shot of the Rocket Motorsport McLaren 720 to finish

Last edited:
I started to cuss on the first picture, thinking it was taking ages to load.. then I scrolled down.
The fantastic weather conditions lend to great use of the negative space, which emphasizes the power.
Very nice set, I enjoyed viewing these.

I started to cuss on the first picture, thinking it was taking ages to load.. then I scrolled down.
The fantastic weather conditions lend to great use of the negative space, which emphasizes the power.
Very nice set, I enjoyed viewing these.

Glad to hear it. It was definitely fun for the first couple of sessions when things were properly wet, but the gloom wasn’t the most exciting for creating anything for certain parts of the day. Thank you though

A great set. Really like numbers 5 and 6. Where was 5 taken from? Seen a few versions of this but never found the spot to not have fences in the background.

A great set. Really like numbers 5 and 6. Where was 5 taken from? Seen a few versions of this but never found the spot to not have fences in the background.

Thank you, I can’t remember where exactly it was from, but the fences hampered a lot of angles. The spot I shot it From was quite tight, so you had to time it bang on to avoid the fence

Back