British GT 2020 - Oulton Park

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
How does this work again then?
It’s been a little while since I’ve been to the track, I think the WEC at Silverstone last August was the last event I got to, so I jumped at the chance to get myself down to Oulton for the opener of the British GT championship.
Definitely felt a bit rusty creatively, and my hit rate was a little down on what I’d expect, but I was trying to dodge the safer shots for the most part.
Anyway, to get to it.

1) The fantastic Optimum Motorsport McLaren 720 singing in the afternoon sunshine

British GT 2020 by Matty White, on Flickr

2) Bentley through the trees

3) So much fun cloning the dust spots from this one

4) Slightly safer stuff at 1/20s

5) Not for everyone but I'm really taken with the pan and flick style of really slow shutter stuff

6) Never had chance to shoot the Brawn F1 car, so this Rocket Motorsport McLaren was the closest option

7) 1/5th - Love that the badge retains the sharpness while everything else pretty much falls abstract

8) Ending on a Bentley with some great light, a shot I'd love to have a pop at media side sometime

Untitled by Matty White, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

First and last were the best for me, wasted your time on the mish mash that is three!

Really good set as always, No.7 is absolutely brilliant.

You can't do that last shot from the media side anymore, all around the outside of Lodge is a red zone now (along with rather a lot of the circuit) so your only choice is to shoot through the fence from the spectator side

Nice to see your work again Matty, top drawer images.

Thanks very much Neil, was really enjoyable to be back at a circuit, I'm going to have to try and get myself to Donington for the next round I think.

First and last were the best for me, wasted your time on the mish mash that is three!

Thanks Mike, fortunately I had lots of time to waste anyway!! Glad you liked a couple of them at least

Really good set as always, No.7 is absolutely brilliant.

You can't do that last shot from the media side anymore, all around the outside of Lodge is a red zone now (along with rather a lot of the circuit) so your only choice is to shoot through the fence from the spectator side

Thanks Richard, felt rusty in the morning, but a bit of creativity came to me in the afternoon, certainly I prefer the shots I got from race 2 when my brain was thinking a bit more.
Pretty sure I saw a couple of media guys walking in front of me on the other side of the fence at Lodge, I've seen at least one shot taken from there as well. I've not had media at Oulton for a while now, so I can't remember the red zones. I didn't even check the exit of the first corner to see if that shot from behind was possible. I think the fence was covered in sheets last year, making it an impossibility to work that nice angle.

Thanks very much Neil, was really enjoyable to be back at a circuit, I'm going to have to try and get myself to Donington for the next round I think.

Thanks Mike, fortunately I had lots of time to waste anyway!! Glad you liked a couple of them at least

Thanks Richard, felt rusty in the morning, but a bit of creativity came to me in the afternoon, certainly I prefer the shots I got from race 2 when my brain was thinking a bit more.
Pretty sure I saw a couple of media guys walking in front of me on the other side of the fence at Lodge, I've seen at least one shot taken from there as well. I've not had media at Oulton for a while now, so I can't remember the red zones. I didn't even check the exit of the first corner to see if that shot from behind was possible. I think the fence was covered in sheets last year, making it an impossibility to work that nice angle.

Two or three years ago there wasn't a single red zone that I was aware of but now there's loads of them. Yes the sheeting at Old Hall is very annoying and sadly still there, and again the whole outside of the corner is a red zone media side so any start shots have to be done from the grandstand now.

Two or three years ago there wasn't a single red zone that I was aware of but now there's loads of them. Yes the sheeting at Old Hall is very annoying and sadly still there, and again the whole outside of the corner is a red zone media side so any start shots have to be done from the grandstand now.

Bonkers, that’s changed a lot. As an aside, how do you find Snetterton, I’m looking to see what I might be able to get to this year, and I’ve never been to Snet. Good opportunities photographically?

Bonkers, that’s changed a lot. As an aside, how do you find Snetterton, I’m looking to see what I might be able to get to this year, and I’ve never been to Snet. Good opportunities photographically?

Never been to Snetterton so I don't know what it's like. I think it's pretty good though, not much fencing from what I've seen. I only live 20 minutes from Oulton so Snett is a long way from me

Great work as always 1 and 7 stand out for me. It's the flow of the lines on 7 that make it for me along with the sharpness of the badge

thank you mate. A style I think I’ll persist with to try and refine the results.

Never been to Snetterton so I don't know what it's like. I think it's pretty good though, not much fencing from what I've seen. I only live 20 minutes from Oulton so Snett is a long way from me

it looked like it was fairly fence friendly, I think I’ll drag myself to Donington in just over a week and see if I enjoy myself as much as at Oulton before making plans for other circuits. Everywhere is a long ass drive from up here - apart from Croft, and I’m just not much of a fan of that place to shoot

Back