British GT 2020

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
It's been a while since I posted - possibly understandable since motorsport has been in hibernation for most of the year :D

It's been a bit of a funny one, 2020 was lined up to be my first as fully paid Professional British GT shooter but the rise of bat cough pretty much scuppered all those plans and clients :(

Started out with the media day... which was alright

#1 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage GT3: Graham Davidson, Tom Canning by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

#69 RAM Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3: Sam De Haan, Patrick Kujala by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

#22 Balfe Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Shaun Balfe, Rob Bell British GT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Then a couple of days later lockdown happened and everything stopped. It wasn't till August that things all started up again, with significant line-up changes - but after 4 years working media side, restrictions kicked in and it was back to the cheap seats working behind the wire :( so from here on in its all spectator shooting for me.

4. Made a nice change to see Oulton in Summer rather than winter though
#96 Optimum Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Ollie Wilkinson, Lewis Proctor - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. I resorted to hiding in the bushes and panning at 1/10
Round 1 - British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Still got some of the standard stuff though
Round 1 - British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Matty's shots from Oulton made me sad - so I systematically ripped him off when I went to Brands ;)

7. Even tried one of his vomit comet shots XD
#21 Balfe Motorsport McLaren 570S GT4: Mia Flewitt, Euan Hankey - British GT Championship - Brands Hatch by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

#2 Jenson Team Rocket RJN McLaren 720S GT3: James Baldwin, Michael O’Brien - British GT Championship - Brands Hatch by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

9. Still room for some cliches
#69 RAM Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3: Sam De Haan, Patrick Kujala - British GT Championship - Brands Hatch by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Skipped the first Donington Round as a precaution, was surprised I managed to do alright at the second.

10. through 2 fences and the bars of a gate :(
#2 Jenson Team Rocket RJN McLaren 720S GT3: James Baldwin, Michael O’Brien - British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

11. Creating my own angles
#9 2 Seas Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Dean McDonald, Angus Fender - British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

12. Panning the s*** out of donington to make it look nice
#30 Steller Performance Audi R8 LMS GT3: Richard Williams, Sennan Fielding - British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

13. Spot the winner
British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

... And that might be the last round of the year for me, with the increasing restrictions it's getting very hard to do the job - that said I'm lucky I'm not fulltime, so shout out to the folks that have had their businesses decimated by whats gone on... good luck, I hope things improve for you soon!

I can't leave it on 13 posts.... here's one more from the days when they let me play on the right side :)

#1 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage GT3: Graham Davidson, Tom Canning by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

***Disclaimer: many of these shots have been manipulated because um... they look better and I like Photoshop :D

Impressive Jonny, hopefully next year will see a return to some normality. Really missed a Bsb this year.

Fantastic (y)

Hate them all except 7
Really strong all the way through, it’s a real shame for you that the year didn’t pan out as it should, but hopefully that chance will come round again, plus you’ve shown everyone up from behind the fence again. Media day looked pretty incredible

Love your work, but in the interests of trying to offer something constructive...

Processing wise these do seem less consistent than other sets or summaries you've posted, i.e. #2 vs #9, would never know they were taken by the same photographer, #2 has your signature all over it but #9 looks (comparatively speaking) pretty flat.

#11 is an absolute beaut, angle, light, everything!

Love your work, but in the interests of trying to offer something constructive...

Processing wise these do seem less consistent than other sets or summaries you've posted, i.e. #2 vs #9, would never know they were taken by the same photographer, #2 has your signature all over it but #9 looks (comparatively speaking) pretty flat.

#11 is an absolute beaut, angle, light, everything!

Hahaha Interestingly you've uncovered the difference between the ones I submit for press use and the personal stuff :D As I'm too lazy to go through and process everything twice I've picked and chosen ones I've already got sat waiting in the delivered folder :D good spot :)

Lovely set- I have never shot these type of images- may I ask what focal length you used for the panning shots :

Les :)

Great shots.

Thanks mate

Great work. Sorry your plans were scuppered though.

Cheers Andrew, it wasn't great but cant really complain given how hard it's been for some folks

Impressive Jonny, hopefully next year will see a return to some normality. Really missed a Bsb this year.

Thanks Neil, we'll see - I think this is gonna run a while yet, certainly the early races next year are likely to be affected

Fantastic (y)

Thanks, I appreciate it

Superb set

Cheers :)

Glad you like it :)

Hate them all except 7
Really strong all the way through, it’s a real shame for you that the year didn’t pan out as it should, but hopefully that chance will come round again, plus you’ve shown everyone up from behind the fence again. Media day looked pretty incredible

Pahah cheers pal, I don't know about that at all... you and many others continue to do an outstanding job

Nice set Jonny, #3 & #4 are my pick dude!! Hoping to get a sunset at Snett for the final Britcar race in November.

Cheers Stevie, gonna be a chilly one... mind you, it usually is at Britcar :D

Lovely set- I have never shot these type of images- may I ask what focal length you used for the panning shots :

Les :)

Thanks mate, all different - some with 70-200 some with 24-105, some with 400 some with 400+1.4x

Stunning as always. I don't know how you've managed to make Donington look so amazing but my god you have (y)

Back