British GT and British F3 Media Day, Donington

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Mixed weather but a good field of cars out testing for both championships at Donington Park last week. As always C&C on these images encouraged and appreciated.

1. Headlight
British GT Championship Media Day by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

2. The pits
BRDC British F3 Championship Media Day by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

3.Two very different McLarens

4.Billy

5.Over the Edge

6. Off

7. Scenery

8. Raging Bull

#1 for the capture and rendition and
#5 for the composition are my picks!

#1 and #4 for me, #4 for the exhaust gases diffracting the background. Is that Billy Monger?

Hope to see these at Snetterton on 27th May, doubt I'll be capturing such quality images, but will be giving it a good go! :)

#7 is great Richard. Were you trackside for these? I haven't been to Donny for years, and was thinking of having a run down at some point this year. I'm curious to know if you can get shots like #7 from the spectator areas.

Cheers,

Simon.

#1 for the capture and rendition and
#5 for the composition are my picks!
Thank you

#1 and #4 for me, #4 for the exhaust gases diffracting the background. Is that Billy Monger?

Hope to see these at Snetterton on 27th May, doubt I'll be capturing such quality images, but will be giving it a good go! :)

Yes that's Billy Monger, he ended the day in the top 10 which is pretty impressive considering he's driving with hand controls.

#7 is great Richard. Were you trackside for these? I haven't been to Donny for years, and was thinking of having a run down at some point this year. I'm curious to know if you can get shots like #7 from the spectator areas.

Cheers,

Simon.
Hi Simon yes I was trackside last Thursday. I think you could do that shot from the spectator side but you'd have to shoot through the fence.

#1 and #5 for me with #3 in a close third.

I'm hoping to get to Donnington this year seeing as I have just moved up that way so it's good to see some inspiration even if it is from trackside.

#1 and #5 for me with #3 in a close third.

I'm hoping to get to Donnington this year seeing as I have just moved up that way so it's good to see some inspiration even if it is from trackside.

Donington is a brilliant track to shoot from the public areas, you can spectate from pretty much every corner on either side of the track and loads of places have no debris fence or you're above it so you can still take decent images without having to shoot through a fence.

Donington is a brilliant track to shoot from the public areas, you can spectate from pretty much every corner on either side of the track and loads of places have no debris fence or you're above it so you can still take decent images without having to shoot through a fence.

That's encouraging to know, my son's friend races bikes in an amateur series called No Limits, we're at Snetterton next weekend and he's due to race at Donnington on 19/20th May. I've never been, but if it's a decent track for photography I'll go with them, it's only a 3 hour drive from where I live!

That's encouraging to know, my son's friend races bikes in an amateur series called No Limits, we're at Snetterton next weekend and he's due to race at Donnington on 19/20th May. I've never been, but if it's a decent track for photography I'll go with them, it's only a 3 hour drive from where I live!
It's great for photography. The inside of the circuit is fantastic. From the inside of Redgate, down the hill through Hollywood and Craner Curves all the way to the bridge there's no fence and you're close to the track, it's all great for photography. On the outside there's a big bank at the Old Hairpin you can shoot over the fence, and if they're on the GP circuit you can shoot at the chicane above the fence and there's no fence at the Melbourne loop. It's a nice compact circuit too it's very easy to get around

#1, #5 & #7 for me, nicely done. looking forward to the new season but a bit concerned about new catch fencing and closed off areas at Brands Hatch

#2 is the pick for me - I love your processing! #7 is a corker and #8 is also very good.

Back